We stayed for two nights in October and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. we had booked using a groupon deal, and were unsure what we'd get for the excellent deal we got.
Our room faced the garden, which was a shame as the views over the water were lovely and wouldn't have been better, but we weren't in the room that much, so it didn't spoil our stay. The room (5) was quite small, but very clean and nicely decorated. The bed could have done with some more plusher pillows, but the brand new mattress, was super comfortable! had a great nights sleep.
We ate in the restaurant on our first night, food was good and service friendly. The bar and lounge was a bit rough around the edges, with random furniture, with a not so welcoming atmosphere. We chose not to eat or drink in it.
Breakfast was good, with a good menu to choose from, nice coffee on tap and a chirpy waitress. If you want a quiet and relaxing stay in a quiet coastal village, it's probably just what you're looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A character hotel right by the water in one of the most scenic spots in Scotland. The perfect place to unwind and relax and take in the breathtaking views. Eat our delicious home-cooked food, sample our local ales and collection of single malts and enjoy some local banter in our lively pub. A warm and traditional welcome awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Kames Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich, Scotland