We stayed here for a family wedding. As a venue for a small intimate event like that, this place was perfect - isolated, quiet & scenic location, excellent service & great food. Hotel offered fun events like skeet shooting & croquet following the wedding.
However, as a straight hotel, the place needs an infusion of cash to replace old worn & smelly carpets, clean & repair 'antique' furnishings. Its currently closer to the shabby end of 'shabby-chic'...The beds were comfortable & clean but our room was very hot, necessitating the screenless window being open all night - the result being many bug bites the next day. Menu options were very limited & prices were very high (eg. 16£ for full breakfast - no other option for those of us who would rather just order a coffee & boiled egg). As the hotel is located down a single track winding road, 10 miles from any alternative, you are forced to pay these prices. Our party had been told our rooms would cost @ 70 & 90£ per night which made it a reasonable proposition. However, we found out that this discounted room rate was a result of a disgruntled employee and that the usual rate was closer to 200£+ per night??!
No way I'd pay that for this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Ardanaiseig Hotel Kilchrenan
- Ardanaiseig Hotel Taynuilt, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a quiet place of undisturbed tranquility and almost surreal natural beauty, where the slopes of Ben Cruachan fall into the clear waters of loch Awe, lies a deeply romantic and luxurious old country house called Ardanaiseig. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ardanaiseig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.