“Very accommodating!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kilmory Guest House

Kilmory Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochgilphead
Kilmory Guest House
You added Kilmory Guest House to your Saves list
Paterson Street, Lochgilphead PA31 8JP, Scotland   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Lochgilphead B&B and Inns
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Very accommodating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived wet and cold after cycling from Fort William on one leg of out John O'Groats to Lands End trip. We arrived to a warm welcome and were showed to our rooms with were very well equipped and clean. The owner washed and cleaned our cycling clothing which was very welcome. Breakfast was well cooked and filled us up for our next leg. A most enjoyable stay at a very good price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

As I,m new to trip advisor I,m going to give all places I,ve been a little review. I stayed here a few years ago when working in the town putting the new treatment works in place and loved the little b&b. Rob was a nice guy who loved his Aston villa. The place was spotless beds where great and overall a pleasant few months living there. There is a petrol station straight across the street which is very usefull for ie newspapers magazines and some juice and sweets if needed. If I,m ever back in the area I would defo book a night to stay here again as the place is lovely and owners very welcoming and pleasant to talk to.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Stornoway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great bed and breakfast, good value, friendly service. Good enough for me to return twice. Thinking about the breakfast now is making me hungry, only grip, no baked beans.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor in winter, it's a bit chilly.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Long drive from Nottingham to The Mull of Kintyre. Lochgilphead is the perfect place to take a well earned break on the way up - not too far that you have to get away at the crack of dawn to get an early ferry. Far enough to have had a good long drive through beautiful scenery.
The b&b is run by a lovely couple, rooms are warm, and comfortable and the town centre is just a stroll away. There is a great Chinese / Indian restaurant close by. Breakfast in the b&b is legendary!
The view over the Loch is fantastic.
All in all a wonderful stopover at a bargain price.

Room Tip: Ask for a loch view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay! Right on the edge of the loch, with great views, cosy rooms and a yummy breakfast, I'd definitely return again!

The owners are lovely and there's plenty of room to park round the back. For only £50 for a twin room, it was a bargain as the previous night we'd stayed in a rather disgusting hotel 100yds down the road above a pub (The Argyll Inn in Lochgilphaed is not recommended for anyone who wants to get to sleep before 3am!) it was a welcome break, had a very cosy night's sleep and we loved it!

Definitely a favourite to visit again!!

• Stayed October 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayed here four nights whilst on a fishing trip with friends. We had 3 rooms altogether. Rooms were spacious and facilities perfectly adequate. An early breakfast was arranged at a time of our choice and this was no problem for the hosts who were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfasts were fantastic with endless toast and tea / coffee refills. Car parking available too which is a bonus.

The only downside for me, was that the room, bathroom, window sills,inside of wardrobe drawers etc could all have done with a right good clean. The extractor in the bathroom was so thick with dust that the windows steamed up. The shower drain was blocked and cobwebs were in every ceiling corner of the bedroom and bathroom. The hoover stops an inch and a half from all walls and a thick grey layer of dust makes up the border - easily solved if 30 seconds was taken to use the hoover attachment - same with the cobwebs and extractor fan. As an asthmatic - you can imagine I wasn't best pleased.

There is no easy way to tell someone "Your house isn't clean enough". I didn't want to part on bad terms as other friends were staying on, so didn't mention this to the hosts - but I should not have been in that situation in the first place.

A few moments with the hoover would have meant this getting a ten out of ten - and that really is saying somethng coming from me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Tayside
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I staid here on our way back from Islay. Chose this guest house as we had our labrador dog with us and the owners didn,t have a problem with this.
When arriving the lady owner made us welcome and showed us to our top floor room.
The room was comfortable although for me at 6 foot 4 the bed was just a wee bit on the short side. Large bathroom with both bath and shower. I would reckon if you were walking in the area the bath would be great for a hot soak.The down side of the room was that the flat screen tellys digital signal kept breaking up and the room was dimly lit due to the energy saving bulbs. I,m sure if I had complained about the telly something would have been done.
Breakfast in the morning was nicely cooked with plenty tea/coffee, toast if wanted.
To sum up this guest house is not five star and doesn,t pretend to be. It is however comfortable and reasonably priced and if you have a dog then no problems the owners will make them welcome.

Room Tip: I,m sure if you had a reasonable complaint about anything then the owners would see to it
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Kilmory Guest House? Share your experiences!