We have been walking in the mountains here for 20 years and always use the Macdonald (we refer to it as big Macs) We called in today and were delighted to find new owners and a new chef.The food has always been value for money, but the food from the new chef is superb and ,needs to be experienced. try the Chicken and broccoli in a parmesan sauce served in a crepe or the cajun chicken which was moist and full of flavour with just enough spice for me, served with the house sauvignon blanc at 12.90 a bottle the whole meal was excellent. We found the owners and the staff friendly and attentive and would heartily recommend this very nice traditional Scottish Hotel, we have enough stainless steel and glass hotels elsewhere, Keep up the good work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland