Everything during our stay was great. We stayed in the cabins behind the hotel mainly because we had the dog even though dogs are allowed in the hotel. He was treated like a king! Frances the owner gave us some cream for his sore paws (he is not used to walking for so long in such a short space of time). Our first morning saw us in the resturaunt for breakfast, unknown to us dogs not allowed although the lovely lady who worked at the hotel asked the 3 other guests if they would mind which they all said it was fine. All the other mornings there was a table set up in the "Bothy Bar" so that the dog could stay with us at all times. Friendly staff, decent pub grub and an amazing Sunday lunch for £4.90, very impressive. Would certainly return as we need to stay somewhere that will accommodate our dog as well as us, 5 stars for dog friendliness alone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland