“good deal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Mc Kenzie
New York City, New York
“good deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

we stay at mckenzie inn every time we come to bethels to see our kids .
place always improving , it is a shame how people lie in their preview to benfit their competion
i guess. let us put it this it is a great place for the money. they even offered a free pass to bethel gym across st.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I travel a lot and try to save money on hotels and have stayed in some questionable places. This was BY FAR the worst EVER!!! I had reservations this past week - with hesitation because of the negative reviews here - but kept them because there are some positive reviews. IGNORE THE POSITIVE REVIEWS. They are all written by the same person in the same style. My two teenage children and I arrived for a college visit but after driving by and seeing the roof off (still off - look at those other negative reviews from 6 months ago!!!) and the signs saying 'under renovation', we were suspicious. The kids were begging me not to stay and said they would rather sleep in the car. But I went in and talked to the manager who said everything was 'completely renovated' and offered to show me a room. Look carefully at the pictures they have and note the cheap, bright pink plastic desk lamps they have sitting out. They are hideous and don't go with the 'elegant rooms'. The manager tried to tell me that everything was new but the carpet had HOLES IN IT - the walls were FILTHY and had marks all over them. She pulled up the cheap, goodwill looking quilts to try to show me the 'new' mattress and the sheets were all bunched up! She tried to tell me how quiet and safe it was - probably because no one stays there. The mattress looked like a board - I am sure it wasn't good to sleep on but I told her I would look to see if there was anything else in town. She told me there wasn't. About a half mile north, there is a Best Western and when I came in and told him about my experience at this dump, he was extremely sympathetic and gave us a discounted room that wasn't much more than the dump would have been. The Best Western looked like the Ritz after visiting this place. Believe me, I have been in trashy motel rooms but this place takes the cake. Spend a little extra and go to the Best Western - trust me - you will be glad you did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a hard time finding the property because it was so dark. When we found the hotel we weren't sure if it was even in business because it looked so run down and abandoned. We went to sign in since we had reservations and the "office" was very cluttered and smelled of stale smoke and strong mold. The furniture was rundown and filthy. My husband was in the car and missed the office, but when we were shown our room he took one look and sniff and told them that we could not possibly stay there. We are not people that have to have new perfect rooms, but this place really should not be open for business. I hate to give the people that run the hotel such a bad review because honestly, my heart broke for them. I know they are struggling to make a living, but to be fair to the weary traveler, don't waste your time. We booked through Expedia and they refunded our money.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else. Heritage Inn in Huntingdon was a very pleasant and clean sight for sore eyes.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

As a railroad worker that travels all over to repair rails. This is my favorite place .they shampoo their
Carpet and furniture. To get that clean freshness. So i do not agree that their are not fresh. As a matter of fact they always upgrade..

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We come to McKenzie for years and this time we tried this as their sign says totally renovated
And we please with our stay and would recommended to everyone and we really enjoyed our stay. Our kids had a ball with the kids in their yards.

• Stayed July 2012
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

my son goes to bethel . we were here last year and back this year and
their rooms are newer cleaner and improved since last year ..they also offer
good deals on extended stay.looking to see what improvements they will make next.

Room Tip: rooms next to office have big tv and quiter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
McKenzie Bridge, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

my son is going to bethel . my and wife went to check surrounding and found this place
to be great , quiet ,& very affordable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Value Inn of McKenzie? Share your experiences!