“The Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a regular spa user through work and play i must say the Spa here is up there with the best iv been at. from the very helpful staff , to the tastiest Chicken Cesar Salad iv had in a while.The day i treated my wife to for christmas was a great success and a very reasonable price too.

The Relaxation room was very nice, calming music and refreshments. The Treatments very enjoyable. i had a massage and a foot scrub and my wife had a facial and a massage the therapists were so proffessional and Joanne who i believe was the manager looked after us and took us for lunch in a room up in the spa which could have been a bit warmer but she got a heater in for us and we enjoyed the lunch before going back down to the heated pool and sauna.

All in all a great day and i will definatley be returning and recommending to my colleagues.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
What a lovely review - thank you for you kind comments. I am delighted that both you and your wife had a great time using The Spa at Airth Castle Hotel. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team there.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Cardiff, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed for a night a few weekends ago to save a long return journey from Cardiff to Alloa.

We consistently choose Airth Castle as we have yet to have a poor experience here. I agree with other contributors comments on certain aspects, but to be fair, we've always been well looked after by the staff there.

The food has always been wonderful, both breakfast and dinner. The staff that serve you are professional and courteous and ensure you get what you need when you need it.

The bedrooms that we've slept in have always be lovely, clean and quiet.

The cleanliness of the place is also to a high standard.

We didn't unfortunately get to utilise the Spa this time, but we have never had a concern on any previous trips.

As ever, many thanks to the staff at Airth Castle. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us, and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Falkirk, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Spa day was the worst we have had, 10 mins back neck and shoulder massage and 20 mins for a head massage both supposed to be 30 min treatments. If you want to call gettin your head rubbed and patted like you would your dog! ladies changing rooms were awful thin shower curtain up to get changed, shampoo splattered all over the outside of the shower doors, went to wash my hands and the tap nearly came right off in my hand! all the mirrors in the spa are dirty and all big smears, the glass paritions outside the changing rooms dont look like they have ever been cleaned there that dirty, mens toilets at the bar had sick all over them very disgusting, upstairs where you have your luch round the windows and dado rails are thick with dust and looked as though it hadnt been hoovered for a week. can i just say other spas give you slippers to wear they dont charge for them!!! wouldnt ever go back needs intensive cleaning!!!

Room Tip: dont waste your money on treatments !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
As you can imagine, I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Isla.Kerr@aurorahotelcollection.com or 0844 800 4000. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have went here for the last couple of years and it's standards have kept up. Food was lovely although a bit too fancy for my tastes (dinner). The rooms were immaculate, staff were very helpful and polite. The Christmas party night was fabulous, so much so I believe we have booked up for next year again. Sorry I don't have any pictures but will definitely get some next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were absolutely delighted to read your comments about our Staff and how much your enjoyed your party night! I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Airth Castle Hotel & Spa very soon. Kind Regards Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Dunfermline, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here 11 January for a party night. I couldn't believe the difference between our hovel and our friends rooms which in comparison were presidential. Our room was in a corner with old single glazed windows fitted with curtains that could not cover them. Old cobwebs over coving and a general unclean feeling. Small room, double bed, poor facilities that lacked a decent length mirror, TV placed above the small mirror at the dressing table but occluded by the chair and other things. Shower room although small seemed to be a bit more modern but lacked any shelving at all and the water pressure for the shower was pathetic.
Now comparing this to three or four other rooms our friends were in was chalk and cheese, their rooms were well presented with trouser presses, king size beds, space, lounge areas and double glazing!!! Yet we paid the same price. If we all had the same rubbish rooms as we had then so be it but to pay the same price as the others with such a vast difference on quality is appalling and that is my complaint.
Comments on the evening led me to understand that the hotel was full and by the time I realised that our room was so bad, it was too late to complain. I made comments to staff on checking out but I would have been as well speaking to the wall!
Be aware!!!
Sorry, not a recommendation I would want to make solely because of the pathetic room we were given
Breakfast consisted of what I would consider as budget choice ingredients!
Positives - Party night was good, food was great and staff efficient.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 234 or close numbers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I am Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of The Aurora Hotel Collection. We would be very interested to hear more about your experience and would appreciate it if you could email me on isla.kerr@aurorahotelcollection.com so we can talk futher. Should you not wish to contact me at this time, please contact me should you wish to book again with The Aurora Hotel Collection. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards Isla
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

spent the night at the castle but stayed in one of the main rooms.very pleased room was spotless and breakfast good two.A nice way to spend boxing day.big cosy bedroom.wifi was a bit sticky and slow at times but still recommend a stay here.my only gripe was when asked room service for extra tea bags they sent two and a tiny milk.but still one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Oxfordhire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Basically I wanted to be near my dad for Christmas and he was about 30 mins away, a lovely lady from the tourist board gave me the details on Airth Castle and I fell in love with it……

When I enquired about the rates I just could not believe how reasonable it was more than reasonable, previous years we stayed in the lakes and although we travelled further we could both stay at the castle and our dog for the cost of one of us at the lakes. We did upgrade to the castle and I am so glad we did.

The room was not that big but adequate although we were staying for 5 days we had to keep moving the desk chair to get past we had quite a bit stuff with us, and our dog!

I cant really fault the accommodation as for the first 2/3 nights it was very quite but on our last night there was a wedding in the hotel and there seemed to be a lot more guests staying in the castle itself, there was a lovely dining room but we had our meals over at the hotel and as were on a package all the food bar Christmas day was really good but it was definitely on mass and I think there were too many guests on Christmas day as the food was quite poor and very dried up, I think we are use to more fine dining, there was parties going on all the time and it was not explained fully that we would be eating with everyone there just the parties so it was very busy and we would have much preferred to be eating in a separate dining room away from all the noise and hustle n bustle. It was very hard to relax and enjoy your meal, so we just ate and then went back to our room as there was no where we could bring our dog into the hotel so that did limit us quite a lot as most places allow dogs into the bar area!
Sorry it does sound like I am moaning about it but it’s because I cant quite put my finger on what it was about the place, saying that we will most defiantly go back as the staff were just fantastic especially Helena who was so very helpful and always cheerful and friendly. The house keeper was also great I struggled with my back so they added a duvet on top of the mattress for me. David provided us with dinner in our room on the last night, which we really enjoyed, not going to the Restaurant.

It turns out since we have been home for nearly 2 weeks we have only just realised that my partner had left a whole suit carrier with brand new clothes in which they are having curried to us tom. The staff without a doubt are a credit to the Hotel. I would have like to stay and eat in the Castle next time not sure if they do that but that would have made it much more relaxed maybe next year they would consider that!!

Room Tip: Ask to check the rooms first
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!