“Nice decor but let down by the food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 48 Restaurants in Bathgate
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a hotel which has seperate bar / restaurant area which serves non guests/function suite/wedding venue, which can cause some noise during functions.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice decor but let down by the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Kaim Park is a nice looking restaurant in attractive enough grounds. The décor of the restaurant is very modern, very pleasant. However the food is a let down.

There is potential here for a really good restaurant, but the last twice I've been the food has been below par. I won't be going back for a while. In fact the only reason I went was because I had forgotten how much I disliked the food the previous visit. Two minutes into munching into my starter and it all came flooding back and I wished I hadn't re-visited.

Oh well.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Livingston, United Kingdom
“A decent meal for a decent price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Out for a birthday celebration. Must have been 15 years since I last ate here. Decor very nice and staff pleasant. Menu not the widest selection, but food quite good. Haddock great, and haggis starter went done well with those who chose it. Restaurant quite quiet and lacked a bit of atmosphere. Overall nice meal, but will try others in Bathgate before returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“last minute decision”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Decided at last minute to stop off for a meal at the Kaim Park early on a Monday evening. Only diners initially, later joined by one other. seated in conservatory area, which was not particularly well heated at the time.
Food and service did compensate for this.
Have been before and will not hesitate to return.

Visited December 2012
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Restaurant, Food and Lovely Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

A Very clean,modern,relaxing and comfortable restaurant.

I Had the pate to start with and was served a well presented dish, it tasted amazing, i had the beef/ale stew and pastry and seasonal veg - 5***** for the presentation and also for the food as well. It tasted amazing.

The staff were smartly dressed, very helpful and discreet - i.e. no lingering around you. Felt very relaxed and not rushed at all. The time between the main course and dessert was exactly right. The chocolate orange tart was delicious and presented well on the plate.

Cost was very reasonable for the very high standard/quality of the food - thanks to the chef and kitchen staff.

I will highly recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends...

I will definitely be a returning customer..

Many thanks

Visited December 2012
West Lothian
“Okay food, service to be desired.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Good selection menu at affordable prices, however service and atmosphere is rather formal. Also, we were treated with suspicion after our meal as we wanted to take our drinks through to the lounge, we were notified we should pay our bill immediately before doing so!!!

Visited October 2012