“Discovering Scotland...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Livingston

You added Mercure Livingston to your Saves list
Mercure Livingston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Almondview, Livingston EH54 6QB, Scotland (Formerly Ramada Livingston)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Livingston
holland
“Discovering Scotland...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated if you want to discover Edinburgh without using your car. For just a few pounds we took a taxi to the station where trains are running frequently to and from Edinburgh. Our room was clean, spacious, and the beds were most comfortable. Wifi worked perfectly well, although a bit slow, and the big, free parking for our car was most appreciated. The proximity, within walking distance, of a huge shopping centre makes that we will definitely return to this hotel for further excursions!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am pleased the location and our free parking worked well for you and your visit to Scotland.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is now the fourth time I have stayed at The Mercure Livingston on business and it is a great hotel, very efficient and helpful staff, great parking, free wifi in the rooms, very clean and a good atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am so pleased we had the opportunity to welcome you again to the hotel and we are very grateful for your feedback on the hotel and especially the team.
We hope to see you again when you are next in the area.
Many thanks,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I took our teenage grand-daughter and her friend to The Mercure, Livingston for a two night stay on a summer deal. We had a very pleasant time there. Everything about the hotel was good and there is plenty to do in the Edinburgh area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit with family and friends. Edinburgh and the Lothians is a fantastic place at any time of year but the summer events are particularly memorable. It’s great that the hotel was convenient for your activities.
We hope to see you again soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am so glad that I did not waste my own money on this hotel. I checked in rather late at night. There was urine on the toilet seat, stains on the bedding. Cracks in the sink. Holes in the window nets. Dried paint inside the bathtub. The trouser press does not work. The TV didn't work either as it kept switching itself off. I ordered room service, a tuna melt Panini and it was the worst I had ever had. Cold tuna on cold bread with warm, dry cheese. I ordered a steak dinner the next day for my evening meal. The plate was full of oil and the only nice thing to eat was the actual steak. During my meal I was subjected to listening to a waiter and waitress bad mouthing other members of staff, using swear words. The "free Wi-Fi" throughout the hotel as advertised is only available in the bar and doesn't work. The receptionist was appalled at my complaints my first morning and I came back to clean bedding, everything else she couldn't change.

You can tell that there has been a refurbishment on the entrance, bar and restaurant. This needs to be conveyed to the rest of the hotel immediately. The hallways and rooms are tired looking, chipped furniture and very outdated décor. The mattress is the WORST I have ever slept on as when you turned over the springs hit you on the way. One concern I did have is that my room faced an internal courtyard, due to the hot weather, I did not feel comfortable sleeping with my window open as it is a slide across window and I was on the ground floor. Maybe different windows would be something they could look into for the rooms.

The positives to my stay was the bar manager who was very helpful and attentive. He showed me where I could sit out the back to enjoy the sunshine and made a Pimms the traditional way with all the trimmings. The breakfast was the highlight of my stay overall as it was so good and the breakfast staff are far more positive than the evening. The maids left extra coffee and milk on my request which was really nice.

On my next business trip to this area, I will not be choosing to stay here and I have advised my colleagues not to either.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor rather than ground floor simply due to the way the windows open especially if...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sorry you did not enjoy this visit and we appreciate your feedback so we can work to make improvements. Windows are fitted with a closure in the frame which can be opened and closed as required. In the recent warm weather it may have been left in the open position in error. I am sorry if this caused you unease.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night as it was convenient for the local shopping. My first impression was quite good as it was busy and the young woman on reception was welcoming and friendly. The bedroom looked dated, as did the bathroom. The bed was horrendously uncomfortable and the mattress provided no support on one side of the bed. The floor was the creakiest floor in an occupied building I have heard. The worst part of the stay had to be the inability to sleep due to the terrible plumbing. It didn't matter if a toilet was flushed or a tap was run there would be a loud banging or ringing noise for approximately ten minutes afterwards. On check out my partner waited at reception with another customer for five minutes whilst two members of staff chatted in the office. We cut our losses and left at this point.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I was sorry to learn that you did not get a good night’s sleep. I am sorry for the disturbance caused by the plumbing and will be following up on this and the other points you highlight. Thank you for taking the time to pass on this constructive feedback.
Lasne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have paid 659 € for 3 nights + 2 dinners + 1 breakfast, far too much for such a hotel. No airco, service not nice at all for a foreigner because difficult to understand, old rooms with 3 beds although we only wanted a double ????, on top had a fire alarm, all in all if I had know I woulsd have never paid that sum for this type of accomodation

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was sorry to learn that you did not enjoy this visit and for the inconvenience of an evacuation. We take the safety of our guests seriously and will complete this routine each time our detection systems are activated. We have few misreports and believe any delay in this action could put people at risk in a real event.
Kind regards,

Been to Mercure Livingston? Share your experiences!