“Wonderfull horses, excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1470 582419
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Family run business who have been operating from 2008 offering a wide range of services for those‘Horsey minded’ and not so horsey minded!We have a great team of friendly, qualified staff, and pride ourselves on our Safety records, providing our clients a fun experience to take away with them.We currently offerPony TrekkingPrivate/Group LessonsPony ClubTherapies for both horse & riderEquine Meditation as seen on TVDIY and Working LiveryB&B/Self Catering Facilities on site in our newly renovated ‘Stables Cottage’. Pony Trekking Monday - Friday (Saturdays dependant on Pony Club).Private and Group Therapy Sessions also available with a variety of therapies at the Centre to choose from ranging from Indian Head Massage to Equine Meditation.
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderfull horses, excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I went riding out here and enjoyed everyminute of it, i rode christie and he was an absaloute gem, the weather was lovely and the staff were welcoming and chatty along the ride, they had a few on foot which ws very helpfull to the lead horse for akward gates and they interacted well with all the riders which made you feel comfortable and involved, i am an experianced rider but all they treks are mixed and mostley stay at walk, it did not bother me as it was nice just to sit and relax and take in the mindblowing scenery and all the wild life. we went along they fanks as the trek leaders called it and it was quite a enjoyable ride as it was up and down so it did make you think a bit as an experienced rider, all they horses were soo well behaved all kept in line and the leader kept an eye as they know which horses like there room and which doent mind. the stablesdo have a weight limit which i feel is very good as this keeps they horses back in good condition, when you book it plese make sure you are telling the truth as if you dont they may not have a horse for you on the day and may embark on you not getting out, the horses are not robots and its not there fault or the staffs fault if you are unable toride on the day of you give over false information, they do weigh you so there is no was out of it, i recoment this to anyone who wants an enjoyabe relaxing ride. i hope this is usfull and you all enjoy it as much as me.

Visited May 2012

• Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“well worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We called in to the Skye Riding Centre on spec on a Sunday and were given a time the next morning. My 5 year old wanted to try horse riding and he had a good time. The staff were friendly and helpful and although as at many stables there was a sense of dis-organisation, in the end all went well and I felt that my son was very safe. The girl who led his pony talked to him throughout the hour which was reasonable value at 25 quid.

Visited June 2012
Kinross, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Stunning scenery, chatty staff and lovely horses :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I visited Skye riding centre on my latest visit to Skye. I am an experienced rider and went out with a mixed ability ride with both other adults and children. The horses/ponies all looked in great health and seemed to be very well cared for. My horse Katie was an absolute dream! I went on a route along the valley which was just beautiful - flowing rivers, lovely moorland and plenty of sheep and cows to look at! We were fortunate enough to miss the midgeys (always a plus!) and I had a very relaxing and fun ride. The staff out with my group gave me plenty of tips on new places to visit, and engaged in conversation with everyone - very friendly people. It was nice to have scottish guides as a lot of tourist attractions I have visited are English. It was also lovely to visit a centre focused on there animals well-being rather than a few places I have visited where non riders are allowed to fly around fields bouncing all over horses backs! Bare in mind if you are looking for somewhere to go for a good gallop around the moor, this is not the place for you!

Visited April 2012
Irvine, California
“Leisurely Trail Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The staff at the trekking centre were quite accommodating, we got a hold of them through the Visit Scotland office in Portree & were able to take an hour's ride that same morning, before leaving Skye later in the afternoon. Staff were friendly & shared great recommendations of what to do during our trip. Some have mentioned it's catered to children, but even as an adults with riding experience, we found it enjoyable & the scenery beautiful. Good to keep in mind the centre mostly uses ponies instead of horses, so the pace is a bit slow & the ride tends to be in a single file line. The centre has plenty of friendly dogs, chickens, and cats to keep children entertained, and neighboring properties have lambs and hairy cows.

Visited March 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great trek out for the family.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

An ideal trek out into the beautiful Skye countryside with a friendly group of leaders and easy going ponies/horses. Our 3 children's ages range from 11 - 6, and they have varying degrees of experience (and confidence). The stables selected suitable ponies and the leaders cleverly distracted the younger children thereby ensuring their lack of confidence was quickly forgotten so that they could properly enjoy the experience.

Visited August 2011