“Top Drawer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Limestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast

Limestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadford
Limestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast
You added Limestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
4 Lime Park, Broadford, Scotland   |
Ranked #27 of 28 Broadford B&B and Inns
Ayrshire
“Top Drawer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed at Limestone Cottage in April 2011 with my partner we hadn't booked prior to visit but this place stuck out from the rest in the area so we gave it a try and we weren't disappointed. Kathie and Toby were very welcoming and showed a genuine interest in our reasons for visiting the area, we stayed in a beamed attic room with a superb view over the bay which was comfortable and clean but also very homely with lots of individual features. Breakfast was lovely and very well presented and our hosts made sure we got it the way they we wanted rather than a set menu like we have come across in other places. When we go back to visit Skye we will definitely go back to this B & B.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed at the Limestone Cottage in 2002. Tony and Kathie were fabulous hosts. Each morning as we ate breakfast in their knick knack filled dining room they gave us a local tip on where to go. The beds were comfortable, the water hot and plentiful. It was a pleasure to meet them and to stay in their establishment. An absolute pleasure. (I have been asked for a travel date, and it was back in 2002, so please ignore the 2011 that I had to select to submit this review.)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My friend and I had a lovely stay of one night here. We didn't have a reservation but luckily for us they had a vacancy. They were extremely friendly and attentive. The cottage is very quaint (full of knick knacks which aren't normally my taste but somehow look perfect in this little place). They gave us some good recommendations about where to eat locally.

• Stayed June 2011
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We share the views of the previous two reviewers who were subjected to the Limestone cottage’s seemingly deliberate policy of double booking rooms. We were offered several different stories by way of nonsensical explanation and made to feel like it was our fault! We might have put it down to human error (mistakes will happen) however, after looking around for somewhere else to stay, we were made aware by several different sources that this was in fact a regular occurrence at the Limestone Cottage (which is substantiated by the two earlier reviews!). In light of this information, our room being given away seemed to us to be quite deliberate and calculated. We can only assume that someone else had presented a better offer!

Once aware of this information (and having secured an alternative place to stay!), we went back to request a full explanation. This time the lady of the house said it was her fault that a second booking had been taken, although this had never been offered as an explanation earlier! She also categorically denied that this type of thing had ever happened to them before...

To cut a long story short, my fiancé and I were rudely asked to leave, but not before I was accused of being a liar and being exposed to the comical threat of a bit of fisticuffs from Toby “the wanna-be pugilist”! At least we could walk away smiling at that prospect.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

In all my time using TripAdvisor I have never felt the need to write a negative review but I honestly think I should warn people against staying at this place unless they want to run the risk of finding themselves stranded late at night in fully-booked Skye without a place to spend the night in... After having booked a room at this B&B over one month ahead and having confirmed the booking 48hrs ahead as requested, I arrived to find that they had given away our room to someone else. When I asked the owner to allow me to speak with the gentleman with whom I had dealt over the phone (her husband, I assume), she refused and become rude and even agressive, throwing us out of the house. This left me in no doubt that there had been no missunderstanding when I had made the booking and that she knew perfectly well that she was doing something wrong (she had probably decided to give our room away to someone who had offered to pay her more on the day). I might have been very unlucky, but I would not take my chances again with this lady. My honest advice is to stay away from this place.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

I had been looking forward to stay at the Limestone Cottage, after seeing their website, but was disappointed to find the place overbooked (despite having only 3 rooms to keep track of).
The host had found nearby accomodation for us at the "Sheiling B&B". Good service to help with alternatives, but... how can you overbook your 3 rooms when you require guests to reconfirm their stay at least 48 hours prior to arrival (and I DID call to reconfirm).

• Liked — No comment as I did not get a chance to stay there.
  • Disliked — Their booking system.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this delightful B & B "crofters cottage" for 3 nights in mid-May this year when we visited the Isle of Skye.

The hosts, Tony and Kathie-Maria, are very friendly and helpful. If you need an iron and board, you have but to ask. Kathie-Maria is an excellent cook and our breakfasts each day (sausage, eggs, bacon, mushroom, fried tomatoes, toast, jam, coffee, orange juice, etc.) couldn't have been better and kept us going until supper.

Limestone Cottage is very nicely decorated, including the breakfast-sitting room, the hall and our bedroom and there are so many interesting things to look at. We especially enjoyed sitting at the table with lace tablecloth for breakfast amidst such attractive surroundings, with the sun shining in and with a beautiful view of the ocean. Our bedroom also had a lovely view of the ocean and in the near future, if I can figure out how to do it, I will post some of the pictures we took so you can see how nice our bedroom was. The bed linen and towels were immaculate and the room was spotless! There was a TV, leather chair and stool, cabinet and a coffee/tea tray with cookies every day. The bathroom was large and of course, exceptionally clean. There is also a hair dryer available for use if you need one.

There is a good selection (6-7) restaurants within walking distance of the Limestone Cottage and after supper the village of Broadford is just the right size to walk around before settling in for the evening. The location was perfect for travelling to many sights and attractions, including Dunvegan Castle, the village of Portree, the Trotternish Peninsula (Kilt Rock and the Old Man of Storr) and the Museum of Island Life. We also visited the Fairy Glen near Uig which has some very unusual land formations.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at Limestone Cottage and would stay there again if we ever went back to Skye. The price was certainly reasonable considering the high standards of this B & B.

Been to Limestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!