Stayed here for three nights in September and we were not disappointed. The weather was a bit dull on arrival but sunshine the next day transformed the castle which looks stunning from the driveway on approach. Our room was very comfortable and the owner and staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a feast with plenty of choice and fantastic views from the dining room. Guests have free use of the seating area in the hall and the library. Both are comfortable with log fires if need be.
The sun shone for us and the car never turned a wheel on the first day. There is plenty to do around the estate and the scenery is simply stunning. We spent an enjoyable couple of hours with Steph on a guided nature walk to Loch Mingary and this was followed by a meal at the coffee shop near the castle. During our stay plenty time was spent relaxing in the library and sampling the complementary whisky. The following day saw a spot of sunbathing at Calgary Bay which is nearby and well worth a visit as is Tobermory.
To sum up this is simply an amazing B&B to stay in, we both loved Glengorm and all it has to offer. It was a privilege to stay here and enjoy this very special place for a few days. But remember this is a B&B not a hotel so if you go expecting the latter you may well leave disappointed which would be a shame. Glengorm Castle, thanks to the approach of the Nelson family has got the balance spot on with a very laid back and relaxed atmosphere. The rest is up to you!
We tore ourselves away but have vowed to return.
- Also Known As:
- Glengorm Castle Hotel
- Glengorm Castle Hotel Tobermory
- Glengorm Castle Tobermory, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Northern tip of the Isle of Mull near Tobermory, Glengorm Castle overlooks the Atlantic and has spectacular views over the Outer Hebrides. The Castle was built in 1860 and sits at the headland of Glengorm's vast area of coastline, forests, lochs and hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Glengorm Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.