“Fabulous ,relaxing, great value break.” 5 of 5 stars

Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Criagnure, Craignure PA65 6BB, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Craignure
paisley
“Fabulous ,relaxing, great value break.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

The hotel has a lovely outlook from well appointed bedrooms and a spacious dining room. The staff were all friendly and very efficient. Meals were excellent, with good choices and excellent service. Large pool and outdoor hot tub were a wonderful extra.All in all excellent value and a very relaxing break.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2009
As i have said in the past when we receive comments like yours it make it worth while what we do. Many thanks for your kind comments and i certainly will pass these onto the staff concerned.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Brighton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for one night in April and enjoyed a comfortable stay overall.
It was not the most promising start when we found ourselves standing at reception for 5 minutes being ignored by staff members serving others at the bar without even acknowledging us, and then to discover they had no record of our booking (I had booked through booking.com and had the proof). Fortunately, they still had room for us!
The staff was very accommodating in letting us order food to eat at the bar even though the kitchen was about to close, and I thought the food was fairly priced and quite nice.
The room was comfy and had a fine view of the harbour with Duart Castle in the distance. I was also glad to find free wifi in the lobby for my laptop. The buffet breakfast was good. We did not have time to use the swimming pool, but next time I would like to.
On the downside, the excruciatingly loud fire bell going off while I was in the shower the following morning was inconvenient to say the least!
Craignure itself, in my opinion, has very little to do, other than visit the two beautiful castles nearby or go for walks, though it is fairly central for exploring the island if you have a car, but I would probably only stay here as somewhere convenient to catch the ferry back to Oban in future.
That said, I will be back to Mull and will definitely consider staying here again.
I think its worth 3.5 stars out of 5.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your response to your stay with last month.
We do appreciate the time our guests take to put their comments on their stay with us. It does assist in the training of the staff and helps us focus on our guests needs.
Leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

Very good facilities in a well furbished hotel with a nice local feel evoked through modern a modern take on Scottish decor. Veryn good food including hearty bowl of porridge at breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Wonderful staff,great food.Beautiful spa with 2 excellent therapists.Superior in every way to Loch Fyne Hotel.We were welcomed by all from Manager to back of house staff.Can't wait to return.It was a lovely trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2009
This is why we do what we do. Many thanks for your kind comments and i will certainly pass your comments onto the staff concerned. I am delighted you enjoyed your days on Mull and at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

Had a couple of days here to relax. Room, restaurant and spa facilities were all really well presented and comfortable. Shame the same couldn't be said of the gardens which really looked neglected.

Food and drink from the bar menu was very tasty, but rather poor value for money. £10 for a burger with 5-6 chips seems a bit of a rip-off. At least there's a couple of other pubs nearby that do better portions!

Scottish stinginess also present in the rooms, with no biscuits on the refreshment trays and only horrible UHT milk on offer.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2009
Thank you for your comments further to your visit to the hotel. I am always pleased to receive our customers views on their stay. It does help us to focus on our guest's and directs us to where we may have got it wrong.
The new gardener started last week and i do agree with you that they have been neglected.
Again my thanks for taking the time to comment.,
Asheville NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

As part of a group of American tour operators and travel agents, I spent two nights at the Isle of Mull Hotel and Spa under the aegis of VisitScotland, the Scottish tourism board.

My first challenge came with the bed mattresses. Since I have a bad back, I asked for a firmer mattress. When I was told that all mattresses in all the rooms were the same, I asked for something firm to place on the mattress so that I could sleep without throwing out my back. I was promised that something would be done about this problem within two hours of check in. I never heard from the clerk again, and ended up spending nights moving between the chair and the floor.
Although I am uncertain about the hotel's age, it obviously has seen better days. There was a large crack across the bathroom sink; mildew was evident throughout the bathroom tiles; caulking and patchwork were evident throughout the bathroom.
Beds were not properly made up each morning. Soiled towels were not replaced.
After check out, I discovered that a camera battery charger and an extra lithium ion camera battery had been left behind in the hotel. I returned to the hotel, rechecked the room while a bell person checked in housekeeping. The items were not found. However, I was told that the head housekeeper was gone for the day and that she would be consulted the following day. The next morning, I emailed the hotel from the mainland requesting information about the lost items, which have some significant value. I received no reponse to the email.

There is one bright spot in the hotel. Meals were well-prepared, professionally presented, and the wait staff were quite helpful.

However, I would not recommend this property to my clients.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2009
Many thanks for taking the time to highlight the points you have mentioned in your response. I do appreciate guests informing us of their experience with us as it will assist in correcting the points mentioned.
I am really sorry for the lack of attention to the bed mattress as this should have been a very simple task.
Regards the charger etc i have checked with our housekeeper and lost property book and nothing has been entered or reported. We should have informed you of this by return after receiving your e-mail.
Comments from our customers are very important good or bad as thery help us focus on the areas mentioned.
Again my thanks for responding.
I did speak to the representative from Visit Scotland before the party left and no mention was made of your comments however all points are noted and will be actioned.
Fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Looking for a relaxing short break and certainly not disappointed. Friendly, accommodating staff from reception to restaurant. Having a spa on site was a definate plus. We made full use of the leisure facilities and a special thanks to Ann for her wonderful treatment. A massage certainly took away all the aches and pains and the mud treatment was a new and fun experience! Not our first visit to Mull but first to Isle of Mull Hotel and its location was perfect for us. We most certainly will return to the island and would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
BobWalker, Mnager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
Many thanks for your kind words regards your recent visit. I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff concerned. I appreciate the time you have taken to voice your comments as it is extremely important that we have feed back from our guests. Again my thanks.

Been to Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!