“Needs a bit of TLC” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Craignure
Scotland
“Needs a bit of TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stay was OK. Nice staff, reasonable food. Room was freezing, window wouldn't shut properly. Hotel in general wasn't very warm. Spa and pool closed on Monday & Tuesday (be nice to have known this before hand). Great views to the sea, room and bed in need of refurb. Poor shower & hot water took a while to come through. No BBC on TV? (Fish & chips £13 Pint of Guinness £4.20). More of a Motel than an Hotel but has potential given that it has decent staff & management.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gen M, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest – Many thanks for taking the time to write a review, also many thanks for the kind comments regarding myself and my team. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, the Isle of Mull is a seasonal place and as such we reduce size and facility in the winter time, we do make every effort to inform guests, not only on our website but also on other partner websites of any closed or reduction in facilities at the Hotel & Spa and I am sorry if you did not receive this information. I am sorry that your accommodation was cold and I have actioned your point regarding the window in the room you stayed in and this has been rectified, along with retuning the television. For any future stay can I let you know that we have a Duty Manager available at all times to assist our guests and where possible solve any issues quickly. We shall continue to strive to improve our product and service we give to our guests and trust you will return to see this for yourself, I look forward to welcoming you. Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here again last week and although it was quiet, I received a warm welcome. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble, I was told there is new Managers (one of which I met). The food was great and I went for a swim, the pool was perfect and I sat in the hot tub enjoying what can only be described as an AMAZING views. I will definetly be staying here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest – Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. Yes we are the new managers and we shall continue to grow the Hotel & Spa whilst trying to improve on other aspects of the Hotel. I do trust you will return and I look forward to welcoming you. Kind Regards
Alexandria, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

reception staff very helpful as are the rest of the staff who keep the place nice clean and tide hotel food not bad but not cheap as others have said thin walls can hear people next door moving swimming nice for a quiet swim in the morning before breakfast then out for a walk of which there many enjoy the views

Room Tip: north facing rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor.

We are appreciative of the time our guests take to post their review about our hotel, and I am sorry to hear that you found the walls to be thin.

I am glad you enjoyed our swimming pool and also I have passed your kind comments on to our reception team.

We are all very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Perfectly decent hotel with friendly helpful staff. We had rooms 3 &7 which were nice enough rooms but as others have commented, paper thin walls! I used earplugs each night as could hear tv on in other Rooms, loos flushing and electric sockets being used etc. shame because otherwise this is a nice place overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us and have passed your kind comments on to the team, I am sorry you found the walls to be thin. We do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My partner and I are originally from New Zealand but moved to Edinburgh a few months ago. We travelled to Mull for a weekend away to get a break from the city. We stayed at the Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa which was located just down the road from where the ferry dropped us off. It was so easy to get to, check in and just start relaxing. The food was amazing, and the relaxed atmosphere and great view only added to an overall great experience. The staff were very friendly and were more than happy to have a general chat about anything. We would highly recommend Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa as a place to stay if visiting Mull or just looking to get away somewhere to have a break.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Oban, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

myself and my boyfriend had a short stay at the hotel. the staff were very friendly and eager to help! the spa and swimming pool were the best part of the stay. very clean and a wide variety of treatments available at good prices. the food was excellent very tasty and good variety on offer. the room was clean with everything you would need. the views were spectacular! thanks for a great stay!!

Room Tip: get 1 with a view over the water!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor.

I have passed your kind comments on to the staff here at the hotel.

Carnwath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at hotel for 2nights and enjoyed it. We were in Room 8. A few down points but didn't spoil our stay really. The main complaint I had was that the room next to us had someone who s'mores-it was like they were in the same room as us-had problem getting to sleep the 2 nights-Walls paper thin. The window could do with a paint and also the side of bath paintwork was flaking at the bottom. The lounge area and breakfast/eating areas were lovely though someone need to clean the windows. We found the staff very nice & anything we asked for we got. Will stay here again next year and hopefully the above problem areas will be sorted out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

We are appreciative of the time our guests take to post their opinions.

I have personally checked room 8 and I fully agree with your comments regarding the paintwork and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Our local window cleaner visits us weekly and was currently working his way throughout the hotel on the morning of your check out, however I appreciate this is no consolation to yourself.

I have passed your kind comments on to the staff here at the hotel and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Isle of Mull Hotel and Spa next year.

Gemah.

Been to Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!