“Bowmore House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bowmore House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bowmore
The Bowmore House
You added The Bowmore House to your Saves list
Shore Street, Bowmore PA43 7LB, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Bowmore B&B and Inns
Perth, United Kingdom
“Bowmore House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great accomodation with a very high personal touch. I travel a lot with work so I have sampled many and this is easily the best b&b i have stayed in, plus it puts most 4 star hotels to shame come to think of it!!!

Well done Andrew and Alison... keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family and I just spent two days at The Bowmore House and took up three of their lovely rooms. The house is immaculate, the rooms are large with beautiful views of the water, the breakfasts are delicious and the hosts, Andrew and Alison, are warm and hospitable. We had a wonderful holiday racing around the various whisky distilleries. The Bowmore House is a couple of minutes walk away from the Bowmore distillery where we had a very enjoyable and informative tour from Linda. It's also only a minute away from The Holy Cow restaurant which serves great sandwiches and fantastic scones for lunch. Andrew and Alison have gone all out to make the place special with little touches in the bathrooms and the breakfast room. Everything is very tasteful. They have obviously gone to a lot of effort to make each visitor's stay a pleasure.

Lorraine

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a wonderful 4-day stay at Bowmore House. Huge bedroom with fantastic views across the bay, great breakfast, and above all, Alison and Andrew made us feel very welcome, doing all they could to make sure we had a good stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was on Islay as part of a Scotch Whisky tour in mid-May 2012, and fortunately for me, my tour guide booked me a room for 2 nights at Bowmore House. Far and away this was the best place I stayed during my 10 day trip that extended all over Scotland. The current owners, Andew and Alison, recently purchased the place and have undertaken significant renovations. I found the physical structure, which is a converted bank, to be clean, well-kept, and thoroughly modern and updated. The appointments were sparse (actually in keeping with the character of the island) but totally adequate, comfortable, tastetful and of high quality. The accomodations were enormous....in fact my bathroom alone was larger than all of the bedrooms I stayed in throughout the trip.
That said, the best part of my stay at Bowmore House was the graciousness and hospitality of Andew and Alison. I felt welcomed and well looked after at every turn. We shared a few drams, a few cups of tea and good conversation.
Bowmore House has my highest possible recommendation for a place to stay on Islay, and I definitely plan to return on my next trip to Scotland.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2, which had a wonderful view of Loch Indaal across to Bruichladdich distillery on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

from our first email contact through to our stay andrew and alision were simply fantastic. bowmore house is right in the small town of bowmore just a 3 min walk from the distillery, and is centrally located to all of islay. the house is beautiful, the rooms spacious and the food delicious. then there are the views - not to be missed. this is just a fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dodecanese
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Was over on Islay on campaigning in local election and needed a place to stay for one night earlier this month. I checked out Trip Advisor and found The Bowmore House had consistently excellent reviews. I was curious to see this apparent paragon of all the virtues.

On arrival we were warmly greeted by Alison who explained everything we needed to know and even offered us a cup of tea. The room was a comfortable king size double with bath/shower en-suite. All simply but perfectly furnished with excellent and interesting pictures on the walls. The views over the bay to Bruichladdich were beautiful.

When we returned from dinner that evening we were met by Andrew who offered a glass of the new Islay Malt, Kilchoman, it was a blend of the 3,4 and 5 year old distillations. Ian said it was surprisingly good. I didn't believe him, young single malts are inevitably disappointing, but tried it anyway. He was right and I was wrong - it really was surprisingly good.

Breakfast was pre-ordered the night before (not compulsory, just makes things simpler and quicker) and lived up to the quality of the rest of the experience of staying at The Bowmore House.

On leaving we legged it rapidly over to the Kilchoman distillery to buy a bottle or two of their rather special product.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We ended up at Bowmore House on a rainy April evening after The Harbour Inn let us down at the last minute. We certainly landed on our feet! Andrew and Alison were charming and hospitable from the moment we walked through the door. We stayed in room 1, which is very spacious and has a wonderful view over the harbour.The only improvement I could suggest would be black out curtains in the bedroom as the early morning sun woke me up. The breakfast menu is quite varied and the food was beautifully prepared. We only stayed one night but will certainly recommend this place to friends and we hope to return in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bowmore House? Share your experiences!