“Disappointed in my lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 attractions in Rosebank
Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointed in my lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Gouldings is a lovely place and I go there often however each time I have an gg sandwich there seems to be more mayonnaise than egg and last visit less side salad we felt. Consequently we do our shopping and then go elsewhere to eat where frankly the sandwiches are much better value. Waiting times do not bother me if the food is worth the wait, I just do not find this to be so, sorry.

Visited October 2013
George G, Owner at Gouldings Garden Centre, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
We at Goulding’s Garden Centre pride ourselves on the standard of food and service in our restaurant. We are therefore disappointed that you feel our sandwiches are not good value and have carefully noted your comments.
We always observe and respect the views of our customers, so the next time you are in our Garden Centre, please free to come and speak to us.

glasgow
“Great location great service can't wait to visit again in the run up to Christmas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Love this venue for lunch with my dad. We regularly visit and enjoy the warm welcome and fresh food on offer. Even on busy days the queue is well managed. The cakes are great and always plenty of choice. The centre is good for gifts too so it 's a great way to spend a while browsing after lunch

Visited October 2013
Thanks very much for your kind comments, as we are a small family run business this is always greatly appreciated.
6 attraction reviews
“christmas open night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

i recently went to the christmas open night with my mother and we enjoyed ourselves. there was plenty of christmas decorations ( some were discounted due to being a christmas opening night). there was taster stalls which suited everyone and i even tried my very first mulled wine ( and enjoyed). a hog roast was offered to all vistors but thats not for me and my mum so we went to the tearoom which was lovely. food was excellent and reasonably priced. the atmosphere was brilliant and it really set us in the mood for christmas. cant wait until this garden centre has its winter wonderland night it will truly be a magic night for all the family.

Visited October 2013
“Lovely Garden Centre!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

A friend and I went for lunch today and the Garden centre looks amazing! They are currently setting up for Christmas and the detail put into it is wonderful!

The goods on sale in the garden centre are immaculate and fair priced!

We then went to the restaurant which was very busy, we had a ten minute wait for a table but it was worth it! we ordered the soup of the day and a crusty roll! The soup was lovely and fresh And the menu is very fair priced compared to other garden centres! The staff were quick and efficient on managing the cues as it was extremely busy! While maintaining friendly interaction!

I have been to gouldings a number of times and would not drive by it! I would highly recommend taking children/grandchildren down at Christmas time for a ride on Santa's 'sleigh' to the North Pole to meet the man himself! Kids are given a hat to begin there journey and then pick a toy from Santa, followed by the fun of all the rides at the ends! Kids Will love it!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely place for afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have been to Gouldings many times & have tried many different options on the menu but my favourite is the Macaroni & the baked Potato's. I love the Scones which are beautifully presented with some home made cream and jam. It's good to watch some of the Auld brigade who some seem to be there for their last supper. The staff are great and its very clean too. Recommended

Visited September 2013