“Outstanding restaurant in Maryville” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 127 Restaurants in Maryville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Douglasville, Georgia
“Outstanding restaurant in Maryville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have had several business dinners at Foothills Milling Company and have always been pleased with the quality of the food and the attentive service. Whether we have tried meat, seafood, pasta or chicken, all of the meals here have been very well prepared and properly served. For the quality of food and service, Foothills is an excellent value. Be sure to plan your visit and reserve in advance. This fine restaurant is frequently sold out and there are no comparable restaurants in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

knoxville
“Best restaurant anywhere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My two sons took my husband and I to this fabulous restaurant on my husband's 70th birthday. My son from New York travels all over the world on business, and is also a foodie. He looked up fine dining when he came home to Knoxville and came across Foothills Milling Company with rave reviews. It didn't disappoint! He said it was equivalent to any 5 star restaurant he's been to. Both the food and service were amazing! On Wednesdays, you get half price bottles of wine. The appetizers were all delicious, and the entrees were absolutely scrumptious. Dessert was fantastic too. Service was impeccable. Who knew there was such a fine restaurant in Knoxville? We were all thrilled, and can't wait to go back. I'm telling everyone about this one!!

Jacksonville, Florida
“This is the best restaurant in the area for miles around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been to the Foothills Milling Company many, many times. It is my favorite place in Maryville (and Knoxville). The service is usually impeccable. The food is superb. The menu changes a lot but I have never had anything I did not like. On the appetizers, the fried green tomato is often available: love it, ditto the goat cheese tart. One of the best entrees is the fried lobster tails. It is 2 tails, very lightly battered, tempura style and is always cooked perfectly. The sous-vide filet is always on the menu and also delicious. The garnishes are never an afterthought, with consistently perfectly cooked vegetables. You can tell this restaurant uses top quality ingredients at every turn, The little amuse-bouche sorbet between the appetizer and entree course is always a delight. Salads are excellent with the spinach salad being my favorite, although when they have their wedge with blues cheese I switch to that. Finally if they have the chocolate creme brulée, you must simply have it. I am a brulée connaisseur and theirs is perfect. If I have one minor complaint, it is that their wine list is a little boring in the "affordable" reds. But this is East Tennessee after all and as I understand it, the restaurants here don't have access to as many choices as they would like from the State list.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Who would have thought!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

In little Maryville, Tennessee! Wow, a terrific little restaurant. The outside is unassuming, but within is a pretty little place with incredibly sophisticated food and wine offerings. I think the wine list is the give-away that there is great care taken here. It is a very small one-page wine list but it shows range and thought; it is approachable with understandable categories. A novice will not be confused but a connoisseur will not feel patronized. The food was marvelous with an emphasis on fresh and local, well-prepared and beautifully presented. Our server, Taylor, was very helpful and right on top of everything we needed--not too rushed and not too intrusive. A great evening!

TN
“A Gem in Maryville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went last night with some friends who are regulars at Foothills Milling. My first impression was regarding how friendly the staff was. The manager and several waitresses who knew our friends came over to chat, introduced themselves and told us who glad they were that we were joining them for dinner.

Our friends ordered a sampler of meats and fried green tomatoes for appetizers and both were very good. The entree menu is extensive but tilted towards seafood (most of the meats also had a seafood accompaniment). I am not a seafood lover but they were able to accommodate my order for pork tenderloin by leaving the shrimp on the side. My pork was very good and my wife was pleased with her shrimp and grits. A very good experience and we will definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food