“Clean with Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maryville
Columbus, Ohio
“Clean with Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had reservation problems. We were going down to ride the tail of the dragon. The Luxbury is pretty close to the beginning of the trail and located in Maryville, TN. I had called the hotel for help and Nick was very nice and helped me until I was satisfied with the our reservations. When we arrived we were treated with respect and welcomed. The staff was very helpful during our stay. The room was clean and not too small with a kitchenette and for the price it was a pretty good value, even though the continental breakfast was sadly lacking.

Room Tip: We had 111, first floor and we could park our bikes right outside the door, very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to do a review on our venue in Maryville,TN, YES we are near the entrance of The Dragon. So glad to hear Nick was helpful with your reservations. All of our motorcyclist guests love being able to park their bikes near their spacious suites entrance too!

Please come see us again really soon and should you ever bring a group of motorcyclist feel free to call our sale team member and set up a group block. You can reach Carol at (865) 643-3443.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel was mediocre. Got a room here for hog rally door wouldn't lock to room moved us to handicap room.found out afterwards we overpaid by $45 saw in brochure for rally they were $75. Area of location is congested with heavy traffic but room was clean and comfortable. Rally also was a dissatisfying experience!

• Stayed May 2013
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for staying at Luxbury Inn & Suites, only minutes from Smoky Mountain Harley - Davidson (SMH-D). We offer our guests coming from SMH-D a Sunday-Thursday rate of $75.00. This is for our one bedroom suite and based on availability, however we don't offer this same rate on Friday or Saturday.

We are still getting acquainted with our new electronic locks that were recently installed for our guests safety. Sorry to hear about the weekend being disappointing. I know it rained a lot on Saturday too. Come see us again on a Sunday-Thursday sometime for that special SMH-D rate and thanks for the feedback.
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The room looked clean, but it gave me scabies. The manager assured me that they change the bed clothes between guests, but I don't believe that is the case. I started getting bites about an hour and half after getting in bed. The next morning I was covered in welts. At this point I was hoping and praying it was bedbugs or fleas, but unfortunately it was scabies mites that had burrowed in to my skin. They came preloaded with staff infection which caused sever cellulitis covering my arms almost completely. I'm totally horrified.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I am so sorry you are having repeated medical issues! (I read several other of your reviews with the same complaint.) I remember speaking with you during your visit and,since we have never had this type of complaint before, reached out to our pest control company and a well-respected local physician. Both professionals assured me that it is impossible to catch scabies from a hotel room. The fact is that scabies is spread only through direct skin-to-skin contact and, after infestation, symptoms do not appear until 14-17 days. Fortunately, based upon the facts, it is impossible for you to have been infested by our hotel or any other hotels Since you have had recurring problems, I urge you to link to the article with these facts: http://www.medicinenet.com/scabies/article.htm Hopefully, this information will be of help. We do appreciate your business and are sorry you are having health problems. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Gainesville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I can't believe there are reviews recommending this place. It's dirty, loud with street noise, out-dated furnishings fixtures, TV's from the 80's, It's just plain creepy & would never return. Breakfast was old cheerios and decaying fruit. This place is seriously gross.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Luxbury Inn & Suites. Our hotel will be replacing the older televisions with flat screen 40 inch in the next few months.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We got a suite very homey kitchenette supplies ect very clean and spacious. Would reccomend to a friend. Many restaurants within walking distance. Stayed after a surgery and place was clean quiet and the staff helped me any way they could almost like family very professional.

• Stayed May 2013
Luxburyinn, Public Relations Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hope you are doing well since your surgery! Please come see us again when you can check out this beautiful part of the country. So glad to hear we met your lodging expectations. That is always our goal!

Paducah, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

What an immaculate room! I've stayed at everything from low, low end motels (just ask my wife)
to some very nice properties. This room was as good as it gets when it comes to cleanliness. Kudos to the cleaning staff.

On a more serious note, you should know that all of the rooms have exterior doors - not a problem for me but for some people that could be a deal breaker.

The continental breakfast is slim. Don't expect much there - mostly pastries and fruit, nothing hot.

I had a one bedroom room with living/cooking area - perfect for my purposes. TV's could use updating otherwise no complaints. Space was good and there was no external noise. Keep in mind it was a slow weekend so I'm not sure my stay is a good measure of sound levels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AAA agrees with you! We got a big A in our housekeeping review. Please come see us again first opportunity.

We are working on getting the task of updating all of our televisions to flat screen... "to the top of our to-do list." We too want this for our guests!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite, which was very clean and comfortable. The only item which wasn't clean was the small plate containing soap in the bathroom; it still had the dry remains of a previous occupant's wet soap. That made me look at everything else very closely, but everything else was fine. The rooms aren't huge but they aren't cramped; it's a comfortable space and it was nice to have the refrigerator, sink and utensils, and a aseparate bedroom from the sitting area/kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast is minimal - Cheerios, bananas, Krispy Kreme donuts, muffins, milk and coffee. If you want more, there is a McDonald's just across the parking lot, and several other restaurants in very close driving distance. The front desk staff was very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with Luxbury Inn & Suites and for doing a review. Glad to hear that you found our properties cleanliness to your expectations. We now have a new restaurant in our neighborhood called Cook Out. Come see us again real soon!

Management

Been to Luxbury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!