“Great food, great service, great gun policy” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Brazil, Indiana
“Great food, great service, great gun policy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We drove an hour out of our way on our way home (August 9) to Indiana from Charleston just to eat here to support the owner after reading about it on www.thetruthaboutguns.com. The owner came by our table to visit and told us her story. Apparently the advertising she has gotten since displaying her "guns welcome" sign has taken her from the brink of closing to being profitable again. Pro-constitution folks are a lot more numerous than the anti's realize.

We ordered the fried onion rings (best I EVER ate and I'm 67 years old) and a cheeseburger and a patty melt. My husband said the sweet ice tea was the best he ever had. Our drinks were refilled well before they were empty. The sandwiches were too big to eat them all, so we enjoyed them hours later on our drive home and even cold they were still very good.

We were able to also buy T-shirts (only $15 each) with their "guns welcome" message, which we will wear proudly in Indiana. I can only hope more establishments will display "guns welcome" signs, because I'll go there over a no-guns place every time. Even when I'm not carrying, I feel much safer knowing other people are.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sharma F, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so very much for the great comments! We look forward to having you again!

“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Came in with my family for the 1st time. We are from S FL. Saw the owner on Fox News and we back her up 100 percent! ! Excellent food and staff! We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sharma F, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words! I am more than happy that you came so far and made it a point to come to Shiloh and I hope if you are ever in the area again you will surely come see us! Have a safe trip home! :)
Dayton, Tennessee
“2nd Amendment Upheld!!!!! 5 STARS!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We say Sharma Floyd's interview on our local Chattanooga, Tn tv station and knew we had to support her restaurant. We traveled about 80miles to have a delicious hamburger and a salad too big to eat it all. The decor is quiet and country. The service was friendly and efficient. We explained to the owner, Sharma, that we were there cause we were allowed to holster our guns. The first thing she said is that she does not serve alcohol to gun carriers. Great policy!!! As a matter of fact, while we were talking to her, she received a phone call requesting an interview from the London Times in England!!! So glad she is supported by the press and patrons!!! We will continue to keep supporting her business and any business that allows law abiding concealed carry gun owners!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for driving so far from home to show your support and eat with us! Nothing makes me happier knowing that I have God-fearing, law-abiding supporters of the Constitution of the United States helping me to live the American dream! Hope to see ya'll again soon! :)
Maryville, Tennessee
“Brew is coffe and Chew is the tender STEAK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

If looks could ever be deceiving! What a wonderful venue for the family. Casual, clean, affordable and delicious dining close to the Great Smokey Mtns. National Park. Weekend late evening local live music is quite entertaining. The Waite staff is courteous and friendly, and there's plenty of menu choices. A small bar for beer and plenty of tables including an outside dining area. You need to eat here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are really hard trying to be a great family restaurant here in Maryville. I am very happy that you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you back again real soon!
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great food good folks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stopped to eat looking for something different. We found it! I had a nice portioned Reuben, kids had very tasty chix tenders and a big cheeseburger. Bowl of beans and cornbread was very good. Needed more cornbread because it was so good, moist and sweet! The owner waited on our table, very friendly, mingled with all the customers, and all servers helped out at all the tables...yes they were busy . Dessert was a tropical cake and again, large portion and tasty! We will make our way back on the way to Gatlinburg and just make sure we travel a little out of our way to get there! Looking forward to it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
I really enjoyed having your family here all the way from Kentucky! Go VOLS! oops did I really say that to a Kentuckian??? LOL Thank you so very much for taking the time to give Shiloh a review and I look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you come our way!