“Mother was In Blount Memorial Hospital and this place was convenient.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shiloh Brew & Chew

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Mother was In Blount Memorial Hospital and this place was convenient.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Our table ordered patty burger on the with grilled onions, Swiss cheese. It was tasty. My dad ordered a burger and enjoyed it. My brothers ordered steaks.
Service was slow, but food was fine. The one complaint was there were flies on the back section of the restaurant! Lots of them!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sharma F, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
First I would like to say I am sorry your mom was in the hospital and I pray everything worked out ok for her. I do appreciate you taking the time to post this review. I am glad you enjoyed your lunch and was satisfied with your choices. I sincerely apologize for the flies and believe me they did not go unnoticed by us. We were having problems with the air conditioning that week and the men working kept going in and out and at times leaving that door open where you sat. I promise you the flies are not an ongoing issue and would love to have you back in here so you could see for yourself.

Sevierville, Tennessee
“Go and judge for yourself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Friday 31st May was when I was there for the first time and apparently the place is under new management. Everything could not have been better, excellent friendly staff and great food. They also had live music as well and that topped off the night. Highly recommend folks disregard previous negative comments and give the new management a chance to impress. They certainly did it for me and I'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Maryville, Tennessee
“very happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Roberta was awsome!! We had a great night. Super good food and hospitality. We will be back and very soon!!!! Thank you for a great night!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryville, Tennessee
“I had mothers day dinner with 4 generations of girls tonight. My mother, grandmother, daughter and me.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Let me start off by saying the hostes was very sweet and came by more than once to make sure we were still ok. Our waitress Roberta was very nice she had a good personality. She made sure we had everything we needed. The area was very clean and well lit. I think my whole family got to know her as she got to know us while we were there for the 3 hours. The fried pickles, the onion rings, mac and cheese, and the deep fried brownie was my favorite! very good.. My steak how ever was a little dissapointing. It was a ribye and very fatty and thin. cooked awsome but it wasn't a good quality of steak. Other than that I have no issues. I think it was a place we would return to again.. Verry Happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great made-to-order food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've eaten at Shiloh Brew & Chew 3 or 4 times, and I'll go back. It's still a new restaurant, and Shiloh is looking to gain it's stride when it comes to service, but the food is very good.

When you go to most restaurants, there's a lot of prep done in advance if not all done in advance and frozen or refrigerated and heated when requested. At Shiloh, the food appears to be very fresh and extremely tasty because of this.

I've had several things on the menu, and about half way through each time I keep thinking: "This is actually REALLY good!". The burgers are a filling full half-pound - 8oz - of meat, served on a tall bun that defies getting your mouth around but worth the effort. Add the extras like tomato and lettuce and onion (standard) along with other variations like bacon or blue cheese and you the several styles of burgers will satisfy most palates.

The onion rings are a rarity: fresh, hand dipped, pretty darn nice. Not cookie cutter looking like you get at (those burger joints down the street) and much more taste to them.

I got the philly cheese steak once and when I got it thought: yikes, that's plain looking. But the looks were deceiving: it was better than 'good' and the rather plain looking bun was one of the tastier ones I had had in a long time, so there you go.

Mostly basic southern-flair cooking, the menu has seemed to change just about every time I've been in there, not a bad thing, mostly down-home cooking you'll be glad you stopped for.

Ok, the tricky part: the only downside I can see after several trips there is that a) you pay a slight time penalty for fresh food: it just takes a bit longer to get. Worth it? I think so, legitimately. Come and relax and don't sweat it. You needed the break anyway, right? but b) the service each time I've been there has been uneven. The restaurant is still new enough to be gaining it's stride, and could benefit from either a little more help (more servers) or ... something, maybe someone just doing drinks, for instance while you're waiting for the food.

The servers I've had have been good and tried to be accommodating, so no problem there, they weren't surly or anything remotely like that. But I could tell they were stretched thin. This is a temporary growing pain, and like I said, the flavor and value of the food outweighs (to me) the other minor issues.

Worth stopping in while visiting the mountains, it's at a great location just at the east end of Maryville on the way to Townsend (or back) on 321 from visiting Cades Cove, Gatlinburg, or Pigeon Forge.

I'll be back!