“Amazing food & awesome prices!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Amazing food & awesome prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visit Shiloh at least once a week. Always satisfied with our meals with lots of food. Prices are great for the amountn you receive.

• Visited April 2013
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We are happy to have such devoted customers! See you again real soon...

White Pigeon, Michigan
“Lunch at Shiloh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stopped for lunch at Shiloh's today while out geocaching in the area. Service was great, everyone was very friendly. I had the Philly Cheese Chicken sandwich. I asked for a salad instead of fries, and there was no problem accommodating my request. The sandwich was huge, filled the whole plate, and was very good. Spent a few minutes talking to the owner at the end of our meal. If you are looking for a friendly, family operated business that will also serve you a good meal, I would highly recommend stopping at the Shiloh Brew & Chew.

• Visited April 2013
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Shiloh Brew & Chew during your adventure. We are definitely in the business making our customers happy to the best of our ability! We do hope you will stop in again whenever you are back this way...maybe next time we'll even have a trackable for you!!!
Maryville, Tennessee
“Overpriced and Poor Quality, High Hopes Crushed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just want to start off by saying it has been a couple weeks since I have been to Shiloh, and doubt I will ever be back. I thought about writing this review for quite some time before I finally decided to sit down and put in my two cents about this place. I gave it more than one try, because I wanted to see this place succeed, as there are so few Non-Chain restaurants in our community, but try as I might, I am unable to say anything good about this place. Twice while thee I ordered steaks, Once a filet, another time a sirloin, I rarely eat steak at restaurants because so few can seem to cook one correctly. Both were ordered Medium Rare, The filet was more Extra Rare, while the Sirloin I had ordered was closer to Medium Well, needless to say, my tries for steak were over after my first two attempts to eat there. I am also a fan of fried pickles, now I will say this used to have GREAT fried pickles, hand breaded, perfect batter, and amazing flavor, the last tiime I was there, they were obviously pre-battered, frozen fried pickles that every other restaurant in town has... The one time I ordered dessert here, I was told by my server that the desserts were homemade, I decided on Cheesecake, and after the first bite, could tell this was obviously not Home-made, (of course the face that I witnesses her taking it out of the box labelled "Cheesecake" in their server area gave it away quicker than the bland flavor) and straight out of a box. On another occasion I was convinced by some friends to give it another try, this was, and will be, my last attempt at Shiloh's Brew and Chew. I decided this time to go easy and simply get a burger, bad choice, apparently the kitchen staff is simply inept when it comes to cooking any form of red meat as my burger, was quite a bit undercooked. The only saving grace for this place may very well be the atmosphere, the staff was friendly enough on each of my visits, although service was atrocious and I won't even begin to talk about how long it took to get a drink or salads or any extras on my ventures to this establishment

As for value, they are extemely OVERPRICED, A 12oz Ribeye and two sides is about 2-3 dollars cheaper than the 23oz Porterhouse with two sides at Texas Roadhouse, I can often overlook price, if the value of the product is worth it, but as you can see from above, the product is far from being worth the outrageous menu prices at Shiloh. Buffalo Wings are ridiculously overpriced at 14.99 for a dozen, considering nearly everywhere else is town in about 8 bucks.... So between, overpriced steaks, lies of "Homemade" everything, and poor quality, Im going to have to move on and find some other place in town that's not part of a chain, it saddens me to some degree that this place is so poor in quality, as I truly had high hopes when I first saw the sign go up. Good luck Shiloh Brew and Chew, Youre gonna need it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I do appreciate you taking time to give us your take on our food and service. I am sorry that we were not able to make you happy. As you can see, we get a lot of very good reviews on both the food quality as well as the value. I have personally and extensively explored quality, price and quantity before setting prices. I could offer that 23 oz sub-choice Porterhouse cut of beef and charge the same basement prices, but choose to offer our customers a much higher grade of either upper 2/3 choice or prime beef which we hand-cut ourselves. The wings you mentioned are Jumbo and are priced by weight, not quantity. I don’t even know what to say about the burger…goodness! I have been told more time than I can count that our burgers are amazing and the best people have ever eating. Since the first day we opened I have heard that.

I will tell you that we do hand make almost everything that we have in here with very few exceptions. Occasionally our vendors will offer us a cake or a battered item or something for us to try, and rather than waste it, we try it to see if customers like it better. Inevitably we always go back to our hand made food, which is what we take pride in and is what sets us apart. You apparently tried one of those items. We aren’t currently serving the cheesecake because of the constructive feedback we got from our customers during their dining experience.

We take great pride in our beef, and all of our food for that matter, and if a mistake is made cooking it, we ALWAYS rectify it! One thing I have found is that we cannot please everyone and I am disappointed that we were able to win you over. If you ever do come again, I would personally like to know if you still feel the same after you eat. If you do, ask to speak to Rob please…
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great Food, Fast Service, Family Friendly atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been here on several occasions and each time the food has been excellent. The steak is amazing and they have the best onion rings I have ever tasted. The service was fast and friendly and the atmosphere is great for family meals or get togethers with co-workers and friends. I would recommend this restaurant!

• Visited March 2013
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is our pleasure to serve you and your friends and family some of the best food around. I love to hear that it was "amazing". We take pride in our food and our service and are always trying to make your experience the best it can be. Do come back and visit us again soon!

We are bringing the Reuben and Patty Melt next week. They are awesome!!!
Maryville, Tennessee
“Worst place and really bad service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Some co-workers and I ate lunch at this establishment today and I have to say it was so bad I will never go back again! Our server , Tori, took our drink order after we seated ourselves then came back to our table 15 minutes later to take our drink order again! It was 28 minutes before we got our drinks! We also ordered an appetizer when ordering our drinks. When she brought our drinks we had to ask her if we could place our order as our lunch hour was half over and we had to get back to work .Tori took our order and it was another 20 minutes before we had our food and no appetizer - Tori checked on the appetizer and told us they gave it to someone else --then after 10 more minutes we finally got our appetizer! The food we ordered was cold, bland and just did not taste good at all! I had the ham and cheese and that is all it was -- a huge thick piece of ham and melted cheese nothing else! After Tori served our meal we could not find her agAin for refills on our tea- she never came back to our table! We noticed another server with long black hair rubbing her obvious runny nose with the palm of her hand and putting her hand s to her mouth then rubbing the cold out of her eyes then picking up plates and serving customers with the same hands their food! Wow! I do not know how this place passes Health inspections! Awful! We had to ask for our checks from another server who was passing our table And she said ok I will tell Tori-- well 15 minutes later she brought our tickets and two tickets were wrong and had to be corrected-- the nightmare continues---we finally are able to pay our tickets and Miss Tori asked if i enjoyed the food and I tell her no not really- she sarcastically says how come and I tell her the food just tasted bad and he service was terrible she says to me oh that's too bad! Really? Wow! The Owner needs to know how poor his choices in hiring his staff was! My co- workers and I will drive right on by Shilohs and I will tell all my friends and family what poor service,unhealthy sanitary conditions and really bad good we experienced! I would not suggest this establishment to anyone as there are much nicer,cleaner and hospitable places to eat in Maryville! Mitzi L-

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I remember your table that day and I will tell you frankly that I know you are telling the truth. Nobody ever waits 28 minutes to get there drink in our restaurant. We seat our guests and take drink orders immediately. You complained about a ham and cheese not having anything on it, but when you asked what comes on it Tori informed you, ham & cheese. I am not sure what you expected on a ham & cheese sandwich, but if you wanted something other than ham & cheese on it you simply needed to ask.

I am disturbed by your exaggerated comments because you could have asked for help and didn’t. I would have made sure you had what you needed to get back to work in a timely manner and hopefully enjoyed your lunch as well. My wait staff are experienced professionals who do not, and would not be as crude as you described. I monitor my staff constantly and can tell you I have never seen any of them rub their faces and serve food without washing. We have had over 15,000 guests dine with us in the 4 months that we have been open and not one has ever described this facility as being dirty!

As fortunate as we are to have this forum for patrons to leave constructive feedback, it also comes at a cost to us when people are obviously trying to mar our reputation and have a public pedestal to do so from. In the future please ask for help if you ever feel you are not getting the service you deserve while dining out. Most restaurant owners and staff will do whatever it takes to make you happy. I would have if given the chance!