“Worst place and really bad service!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Maryville, Tennessee
“Worst place and really bad service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Some co-workers and I ate lunch at this establishment today and I have to say it was so bad I will never go back again! Our server , Tori, took our drink order after we seated ourselves then came back to our table 15 minutes later to take our drink order again! It was 28 minutes before we got our drinks! We also ordered an appetizer when ordering our drinks. When she brought our drinks we had to ask her if we could place our order as our lunch hour was half over and we had to get back to work .Tori took our order and it was another 20 minutes before we had our food and no appetizer - Tori checked on the appetizer and told us they gave it to someone else --then after 10 more minutes we finally got our appetizer! The food we ordered was cold, bland and just did not taste good at all! I had the ham and cheese and that is all it was -- a huge thick piece of ham and melted cheese nothing else! After Tori served our meal we could not find her agAin for refills on our tea- she never came back to our table! We noticed another server with long black hair rubbing her obvious runny nose with the palm of her hand and putting her hand s to her mouth then rubbing the cold out of her eyes then picking up plates and serving customers with the same hands their food! Wow! I do not know how this place passes Health inspections! Awful! We had to ask for our checks from another server who was passing our table And she said ok I will tell Tori-- well 15 minutes later she brought our tickets and two tickets were wrong and had to be corrected-- the nightmare continues---we finally are able to pay our tickets and Miss Tori asked if i enjoyed the food and I tell her no not really- she sarcastically says how come and I tell her the food just tasted bad and he service was terrible she says to me oh that's too bad! Really? Wow! The Owner needs to know how poor his choices in hiring his staff was! My co- workers and I will drive right on by Shilohs and I will tell all my friends and family what poor service,unhealthy sanitary conditions and really bad good we experienced! I would not suggest this establishment to anyone as there are much nicer,cleaner and hospitable places to eat in Maryville! Mitzi L-

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I remember your table that day and I will tell you frankly that I know you are telling the truth. Nobody ever waits 28 minutes to get there drink in our restaurant. We seat our guests and take drink orders immediately. You complained about a ham and cheese not having anything on it, but when you asked what comes on it Tori informed you, ham & cheese. I am not sure what you expected on a ham & cheese sandwich, but if you wanted something other than ham & cheese on it you simply needed to ask.

I am disturbed by your exaggerated comments because you could have asked for help and didn’t. I would have made sure you had what you needed to get back to work in a timely manner and hopefully enjoyed your lunch as well. My wait staff are experienced professionals who do not, and would not be as crude as you described. I monitor my staff constantly and can tell you I have never seen any of them rub their faces and serve food without washing. We have had over 15,000 guests dine with us in the 4 months that we have been open and not one has ever described this facility as being dirty!

As fortunate as we are to have this forum for patrons to leave constructive feedback, it also comes at a cost to us when people are obviously trying to mar our reputation and have a public pedestal to do so from. In the future please ask for help if you ever feel you are not getting the service you deserve while dining out. Most restaurant owners and staff will do whatever it takes to make you happy. I would have if given the chance!

“AMAZINGLY AWSOME.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was the best, great service, very friendly. I ordered the special which was 8oz teriyaki chicken sandwich with onion rings and Mac-n-cheese. It was so good I couldn't believe it. Our waiter kept coming by to check drinks like every 10 or so minutes, but me and my family are known for downing drinks like there's no tomorrow. Well, I recommend this to everyone no doubt this place is the best in Maryville. Also great for if your heading to Townsend or Great Smoky Mountains. I know there's nothing better in Townsend but Gatlinburg has some pretty good places.

Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. Our cooks are always coming up with new and exciting specials. They never stop amazing me and I eat here every day! Please let us know when you stop in again...I would like to say hello personally.
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
“Great country-style steakhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I chose Shiloh for my sister's "going away" dinner. I had a fillet with mashed potatoes and green beans and it was great! Choice cut of meat, the food came out piping hot, and Leslie our server was very friendly and attentive. And what was better than the food that night was the leftovers I was able to take home.
Recommendations: the onion bloom was incredible(dont forget the boom boom sauce), and the pineapple upside-down cake was the perfect ending to a fantastic meal, i dont like pineapple but this cake was heavenly.
Overall, my experience at Shiloh's was top notch :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing Shiloh Brew & Chew for your sister's going away. Our Filet is one of the best, if not the best cuts of meat around Maryville, and I would be so bold as to include Knoxville.

We are in the process of bringing in some new and exciting deserts. Please come back to see us when your sister swings back through and we'll do our best to provide you with another "Top Notch" experience.
“Welcome change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I ate here on 3/8/13. We had heard some good things about the place and thought we would give it a try. We both ordered the 'special' an 8 oz Filet with two sides; the steaks were cooked to order and were tasty and tender. I had the mac and cheese as a side and was really disappointed - I would not recommend getting it. The salads were fresh, the corn was good, the baked potato was good.
They had live music, it can get kinda loud so we opted to sit in the back room and the music was just right. Not sure of the young ladies name but she had a great voice. Overall, the experience was pleasant and we will go back again and try some of the other offerings.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Our steaks are our specialty! I am happy you came to eat with us and leave us your feedback. We have taken a look at the Mac & Cheese and have taken steps to ensure that it is fresh and cheesy just like Mom's.

I've gotten a lot of feedback on the music. We have some the like it and some that don't so we decided to cancel the music going forward.
tn
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went there with a group of 14 for a birthday celebration. The service was great and the food was great too. I was very pleased with how accommodating the server and the management were. We will be back!!!

Visited March 2013
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We enjoy having groups of family and friends come in to enjoy our great food and atmosphere. I look forward to seeing you all again real soon!