“Not What It Used To Be!” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Maryville, Tennessee
“Not What It Used To Be!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Bel Air Grill was originally the best restaurant around to get a burger! Since it closed and reopened things have changed. The new restaurant has poor service (we waited almost 1 hour on the patio with no other tables occupied and few inside). This was during summer of 2012 and we had 3 small children who were hungry! The order came out wrong and the wait got longer. We had to ask for beverage refills everytime we needed them. Do yourself a favor......go to TC Grill on Old Niles Ferry. It has the same menu items and the service and food are much better.

Visited December 2012

Maryville, Tennessee
“Poor service, bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I ordered the Cajun Pasta and found it to have a bitter taste and an extremely heavy sauce. It was almost sickening to me. Most establishments offer to replace your meal if you do not like it but not Bel-Air Grill. I was hungry so I ate as much as I could tolerate. Also, the building has a musty smell that makes me feel like it is not clean.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville
“If you want a good burger go to Five Guys”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I tried Bel Air when they first opened because i remembered how good it used to be. We had to wait an eternity for a tough burger and overly seasoned fries. I tried this restaurant again with my mom and received chicken fettucine alfredo that looked horrible and the chicken was not cooked properly ..still pink. I asked the server to remove it from my bill and had not eaten a bite to which she replied she could not do that but she could have them recooked. I still did not eat..tasted terrible..will NEVER return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Oh my gosh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My daughter and I used to love the Bel Air Grill that was in Alcoa and Maryville several years ago. They went out of business and lots of folks missed it. Now they have reopened in the old TGI Friday's location, so we decided to give it a try.

What a disappointment. The hamburgers and fries weren't even close to what we remembered from the old Bel Air Grill. Everything was greasy and mediocre. Ugh.

The restaurant isn't very clean either. The tables are sticky. A young man cleaned off a table close to us and used a wet rag to wipe it down, and the smell that lingered in the air until the table dried was awful. He must have been using that same wet rag for days. Yuck.

We won't be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not the Bel-Air I was expecting.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were so glad to hear that Bel-Air Grill wa coming back to Maryville. We waited until the crowd settled down, which was not long, before going. I got ( what hy are famious for) their hamburger/fries. Much to my sorrow, it was one of he worse hamburgers I have ever eaten. I did not even finish it. My fries were not as I remembered them at the Bel-Air Grill on Alcoa Hwy. I was saddened by this. Found out later the name was bought but not the "cook". We will not return unless friends pick this as a place they all want to go and we'll return with them but will not be happy about it. Just very disappointing to us and we have heard others say the same thing. You can get a seat fast now but they say the service is not good t all. Even if you get in, which you can now, the service is very slow.

• Visited May 2012