“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maryville
Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast
You added Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7810 Wells Valley Drive, Maryville, TN 37801   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Maryville B&B and Inns
Asbury Lake, Florida, United States
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We left Fl on our motorcycle for a three day weekend without booking rooms because we real lynx were not sure where we would end up each day. We rode the Dragon and as we were leaving to look for lodging we drove past Sweetberries. We turned around and they had one room left. It was perfect the owners we very helpful it was 8 pm and they told us of a local place to eat. Breakfast was three courses and we didn't need lunch that day we were so full from breakfast. Louise and Darrell are so nice and friendly and they are wonderful hosts! Wish everywhere stayed was this special!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were perfect ours had the whirlpool tub :-)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Howdy Holly,
Thank you for the kind words. Louise and I enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to take good care of our motorcycle guest as we know you have to travel light and aren't always able to pack everything you would like. Breakfast is the always very surprising with Louise. She really puts her heart and soul into everything she makes and wants all to feel very special and loved. If you get back this way again, please stop in for a cup of coffee and a homemade treat.
Happy Trails,
Darrell & Louise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I came to SweetBerries Bed & Breakfast for our first year anniversary. We live in the local area, but the views from every angle of the property are spectacular! Louise and Darrell immediately made us feel at home in their lovely home and our stay felt like we were visiting with family. The bed was super comfy and the breakfast was absolutely wonderful!! Louise's homemade muffins are delicious and topped with fresh picked berries from their garden. BEST strawberries I've ever tasted! Louise and Darrell also went above and beyond to accommodate me with my food sensitivities. I cannot have cow's milk, so Louise had almond milk ready for me and she made a separate quiche just for me.
SweetBerries has become our new favorite place to stay when we want a little getaway close to home.

Room Tip: The "Tree Top" room has an excellent view and a very comfortable bed!
Hi Misty,
Louise and I are so very happy that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. We love the late spring harvest of home grown strawberries and sharing them with our guest and family. Louise puts a lotta love into her cooking and she likes to make your stay with us one that you will remember and treasure for a lifetime.
Best wishes,
Darrell and Louise
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I felt so welcomed and loved upon entering Sweet Berries Bed and Breakfast. I felt like Darrell and Louise took their time to make sure our needs were being met. The evening snack was delightful! Oh, and the breakfast was Amazing! Just how I dream it will be in Heaven. I felt like they respected all the guest by meeting dietary needs.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hi Laura,
Thanks for all the kind words. Louise and I enjoyed your time with us. We love to make new friends and share life moments, such as an anniversary or birthday celebration, with them. Louise is always looking for new ways to prepared dishes for people with special dietary needs. We look forward to seeing you two again someday, and wish you the very best life has to offer.
Best regards, Darrell
Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've been a seasoned business traveler for say 25+ years now so I've been around the block a few times. Uptown, downtown, small town, country town, etc.. Sweetberries B&B is pure homespun wonder! Louise and Darrell are two of the finest people you'll ever get to share some time with. My wife and I recently spent 2 nights and 3 days here tucked into the wonders of the Smokey Mountains. The B&B is just gorgeous! It's as if you are walking into a new place and are the 1st people to ever stay there... It's that clean and tidy. We cannot wait to get back there just to say hello and sit around w/ our new favorite Marysville, TN couple.

Hey Louise, Darrell, JJ&CJ miss ya! The strawberries are doing great up here in MI! God bless and see you next year or sooner if we can.

Room Tip: Call ahead by months during peak season when possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello again,
Louise and I are so pleased that you stayed with us on your vacation. We were so interested in hearing about your home and garden. The strawberry plants will be a reminder for you of your stay with us and the good times that we had together over breakfast. If you are in this area again, feel free to stop in for a cup of coffee and more good conversation.
All the Best,
Darrell
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of B&Bs but never one like this. Darryl and Louise's attention to detail is incredible - they have thought of everything. From the sign welcoming us in the hallway, to the dessert prepared for our arrival to the microwave popcorn for a movie night in, there were lovely surprises at every turn. The rooms are beautiful, spotlessly clean with great amenities. Breakfast was a three-course feast. Our hosts were kind, thougtful and warm and we just wished could have stayed longer in their wonderful home.

• Stayed May 2013
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi Lydia,
It was nice hearing from you, and thank you for such a flattering review for Sweet Berries B&B. Louise and I enjoyed the short time you spent with us. We always enjoy visitors from the United Kingdom, and the time spent sharing our thoughts and experiences of the Smoky Mountains and surrounding areas. We hope the remainder of your Holiday was just as pleasant, and look forward to seeing you two again someday.
Best Wishes,
Darrell
Tuscaloosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very nice and cozy place, great hosts, overwelming food.
We stayed there to ride the Dragon, perfect location for that, unfortunately the weather was very bad, but the support from our hosts was great!
Definetely recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise and I are happy that you visited with us while you tamed the Dragon. We had hoped for better weather for the week-end, but it was not to be! We loved hearing your stories and distinct German view point of our country and the many adventures you have already enjoyed. If you ride this way again, we will pray that more sunshine comes during your stay at Sweet Berries.
Happy Trails Darrell
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband, Chihuahua and I stayed at Sweet Berries for 3 delightful evenings this past May. The Inn is beautiful and very homey. The views are gorgeous. And the food is devine! We have never stayed at another B&B so we cant really make comparisons but I have a feeling that most other B&Bs will fall short at matching the comfort level and food. It is obvious that Louise and Darrell try to anticipate every possible need and want their guests might have. There are so many small touches that show they truly delight in making their guests have the best possible B&B experience.

I have to give a special shout out to the linens, the towels especially were so luxurious. An example of those special touches...I would have actually been uncomfortable using the wash cloth to wash the makeup off my face, they were that nice. Except individually wrapped make up removing clothes were included in the toiletries in the bath room. Seriously, what kind of hosting genius thinks of that? I tend to think I am an above average hostess, I never would have thought of that. Makes the guest more comfortable and allows for a nicer quality of linens to be available with less liability for the facility. Genius!

We stayed here because we were participating in MINIs on the Dragon. Most places on the NC side of the Dragon were booked so we had to branch out a little further than we normally would have. For anyone participating in activities at Fontana Village, Sweet Berries is about 50 minutes away if you drive at a moderate to brisk pace. It was only about 15 minutes longer of a trip than for those staying in Robbinsville (granted in a different direction) but worlds better accommodations. For an event like MOTD, the best place to stay is probably Fontana due to the location since that is where every activity either takes place or originates but if you cant get a spot inside the village, I would highly recommend Sweet Berries over other locations available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hello again, it is good to hear that you had such an amazing time while you stayed with us at Sweet Berries. I would have to give Louise full credit for making sure the ladies are taken care of and all the details are covered. We are always looking for suggestions to improve your comfort and well being while staying with us. Let us know if you come this way again, and we can share more good conversation over a cup of coffee or tea.
PS loved the eyelashes on your MINI,
Darrell Johnson

Been to Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!