We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the years and have always had a lovely time. However, I can only say that our recent stay fell well below the standards that we would expect for a luxury hotel. We like to spend some relaxing time in the spa, which is normally comfortable and extremely relaxing, however on this occasion it was absolutely freezing, the condensation dripped constantly from the roof, the pool was like an ice bath, the jacuzzi was closed, the steam room was not "functioning correctly" and there were none of the usual magazines etc.
We opted for an ocean view room which was nice. However there were two bath robes hanging in the bathroom, one of which was absolutely filthy and also had faeces skid stains. We were absolutely disgusted and brought this to the attention of the manager. When we returned to our room after dinner, we had been left an apology letter and five chocolates on a plate.
At breakfast the following morning, we had to ask for our tea and toast three times before it finally arrived. Based on this most recent experience, I think it is highly unlikely that we will return, which is such a shame as we have previously had some fantastic stays here. I think however for the money which we pay, we could receive much better service elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland