Stayed here for an over-night in a deluxe sea view room in March 2013.
Was given this as a gift along with dinner, bed and breakfast, however, I would be reluctant to pay the price of £510 for one over-night if paying myself but it is luxurious.
We arrived early afternoon and checked in. Very hospitable welcome from the moment you arrive. Our room was gorgeous and very spacious with gorgeous views. We spend a couple of hours early evening having cocktails in the bar. The bar man was making me cocktails which I asked for rather than the ones on the menu which were great!
We didn't make dinner, however, we had room service and the food brought to us was plentiful and delicious. Breakfast the next day was pretty much the same. Huge choice of cereals and the usual items as well as a cooked breakfast. Only thing I didn't like was the scrambled egg - pretty tasteless. Everything else was perfect - as well as the service which was fab!
In summary, it's a great resort but in the middle of nowhere. The service was great, however, pretty much everything was expensive which I would rather spend my money in a hotel just as nice, if not nicer, at a fraction of the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland