Stayed for a night with some friends.
Although the property and the interior, where it has been renovated, is stunning, enhanced luckily for us by the weather, we were a little disappointed with the room. Granted, it was clearly one of the old style rooms.
Really enjoyed walking in the grounds and using the swimming pool and indeed having a bite to eat in the grand tea lounge with the stunning views was superb.
Dinner however was unfortunately disappointing. Although the food itself was inoffensive and at times very tasty, the scallops and the trio of lamb being the highlights of the groups' meal, the prices were very high especially when the dishes were not coming fully garnished and uninspiring side orders were a must.
Although the service throughout the hotel had been until this point very good, in the restaurant it was decidedly poor. the waiting staff did not seem to understand the basics of service and while two of our starter plates had been cleared, three of us sat for a solid 3-4 minutes wondering if ours were ever going to get taken away, made doubly annoying as there was one waitress standing close by at the time and one of the senior waitors/ managers setting up his gueridon station for the next course by our table. Wine and water service were nonexistent. Really not good enough at those prices and especially when it is the main expense of your stay.
The bar next door was very good however with efficient service and a couple of quite tasty cocktails.
Altogether a very nice destination, severely let down by the restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel
- Westin Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Turnberry is the world’s original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Turnberry is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland.With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Turnberry boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.