“better and better” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Maybole
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Vegetarian, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Ayr, United Kingdom
“better and better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

When eight discerning diners have a three course lunch, you might expect that someone will have a complaint about something. Not at the Minishant Inn. The duck starter was mouth-watering and the waitress went out of her way to find out for us the name of the supplier. We had six different mains and each one was cooked and presented to perfection. This restaurant is about flavoursome, well-cooked ingredients served in a stylish, appetising way. Only three of us could manage dessert - all pronounced it delicious.
The Minishant is worth every penny of the taxi fare from Ayr.

• Visited December 2012

Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We keep going back to this gem of a restaurant because the food and service is so good! Latest visit was on 8th November and we were not disappointed. I had the Cullens skink to start with and it was delicious followed by cajun chicken which served with a rice, I then followed it up with the Strawberry & white chocolate cheesecake which was to die for! Since I was here, I visited the number 1 restaurant on tripadvisor in Glasgow and I really have to say that the Minishant Inn beats it for value and has the edge of presentation and selection. We will go back time and time again. Hats of to Ryan, Mark and staff and keep up the good work.

Mauchline, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Have been meaning to go the Minishant Inn for a while now as it is a fairly new restaurant which is local to me. Finally got round to doing so a couple of weeks ago on my birthday. It is vey reasonably priced with all mains on the menu costing less than £10 except for the fish pie which was £10.95. In addition to this menu there are specials which come in around £12 - £14. The wine list is very reasonably priced as well, I feel there’s nothing worse than finding a nice restaurant with reasonably priced food that then charges a fortune for wine! The standard of food was excellent and portions a good size. I had the lamb chops and dauphinoise potatoes from the specials menu and was amazed to get 4 lovely lamb chops. They were cooked perfectly – pink just the way I ordered. The potatoes were delicious also. We were given a complementary side of french fries which I thought was a nice touch. Starters and sweets were good as well and everyone enjoyed their meal with no complaints at all. If you’re in the area I can definitely recommendit but would strongly urge that you book a table. While we were there people came in for a meal without doing so and, unfortunately, had to be turned away as it was fully booked. We will certainly return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ayr, United Kingdom
“High quality food at very reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Food is locally produced, fresh and very tasty....good atmosphere whether eating for 2 or 22, diners are all made very welcome....thoroughly recommend the Minishant Inn :-)

Visited October 2012
ayr
“fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

my second visit to this village pub,food was fantastic,well served very clean easy to park only problem i had was i hadno room left for our pudding still saved me pounds without puttin on pounds