“Never return” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Girvan
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Beulah's Restaurant is located at Woodland Bay Hotel, 2 miles south of Girvan on the A77. The restaurant is open from 7.00 to 9.00pm daily serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Freshly brewed tea and coffee with a selection of snacks and home baking are also available throughout the day.Enjoy a pre-dinner drink in our newly appointed lounge bar, also great for taking your coffee and after dinner drinks.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Never return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had passed by this place many times and decided to drop by for lunch with my wife just after new year. Based on most of the reviews we must have been really unlucky...
I ordered salmon fish cake to start with (my wife didn't want a starter). The fish cake was served topped with a "creamy leek sauce". This proved to be a pretty sickly combination - which I did not finish.
For main course my wife chose smoked haddock in batter (why served smoked haddock in batter I don'y know ?). I chose risotto topped with flaked smoked haddock. Both dishes were not at all appetising with the risotto being particularly bad - main reason being it was not made from Italian rice (e.g. Arborio or Carnorli) - but instead was a rice pudding type.....
We have eaten at some fine restaurants in the past - but in saying that we both are not hard to please.
As I said at the start maybe we have been unlucky - but one thing is for sure we won't take the opportunity to try our luck again at this place again........

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Woodland bay is in such a beautiful location and is really well kept its on a working farm with piglets horses it's breathtaking Allan Is such a nice man telling stories and making sure every one is happy and we were more than happy with our meal chicken was tasty well presented and steak cooked spot on and cheesecake wow

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was a great night by all enjoyed or time at woodlands the service Allan was great he told us all about girvan we had fillets and cheese and. And cheesecake it was fab presentation was. Beautiful keep up good work

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“lite bite main course”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

we went with friends for a meal and although the food was nice I didn't think it was anything overly special and for a main course I was expecting something better. one of my friend wanted a cheese omelette as she wanted some thing lighter but on enquiring the kitchen could not make it for her what a place like this don't have stuff to make a omelette never mind we were so tired with the travelling and felling so hungry so i chose the chicken . From all the great reviews perhaps I just chose the wrong dish but I certainly wouldn't be rushing back for the attitude if they cant do a special request in a very quite time. From reading all the great reviews and considering the prices were the same as I would pay in a good town centre restaurant We were so disappointed with this meal size The other gentlemen ordered a steak to our surprise you can count the chips with 3 mushrooms and a tomato with 2 tiny onion rings at that price and portion size and price you get for a 3 course meal the starters were good really enjoyed only the 3 tiny pork belly was too fatty and the cook should realise the portion size of a average guy but the rest of the starters and dessert were great. The service was exceptional and lovely but neither myself nor my husband filled up with the tiny portion of main course Well cooked, beautifully presented but flavours were a bit boring and not memorable at all was really quite disappointed. The service was good specially the lady and the gentlemen Alan who spoke to us about the local area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Amazing atmosphere had breakfast there and dinner, always served with a smile! Lovely food, my partner particularly loved their sea bass. Would recommend to any one looking for a laid back atmosphere and good food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere