“Wonderful meal, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: Seafood
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a meal at the Oyster Bar last week, it was delicious. The food was hot and served well by prompt and efficient waitresses. We had a good selection of wines to choose from and the decor was original and interesting. I wouldn't hesitate to come back here for another meal, Highly recommend it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Rude waiter, good food... ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

All I can say is that they must not have too many people applying for jobs at this restaurant. The food is amazing, the chef clearly knows how to make memorable tasty food. We had a wonderful experience at the fish and chips take away restaurant so we came back for the dining room experience hoping for another great dining experience.

I will save you the long drawn out review because I don't believe this business is worthy of recommendation with the current service standards in place. It's a shame as the food was great but we were so put off by our server's bad attitude and contentious behaviour that it ruined the experience. The other server (a female) seemed to be much nicer and I'm sorry we didn't have her but for any restaurant to allow this type of experience to take place unchecked is unforgivable.

Troon, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Lovely restaurant down by the harbour.
All of our party had fish for main courses - all freshly cooked , well presented and very tasty.
Great service from the staff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Came here the other day with my girlfriend and was really pleasantly surprised. All the fish we had was so beautifully fresh that it didn't surprise me when I was told they had a fish mongers in glasgow. My girlfriend isn't the biggest fish lover about but even she wants to go back for more.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“The best lemon sole ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Not much to look at from the outside and located in a working harbour but the food here was really very good. My wife said her lemon sole was the best she had ever tasted which is saying something as she is a fish lover and although I am not I was very happy with the Turbot tempura. In fact I wish I'd had this with chips and peas because I couldn't do full justice to the haddock and chips which followed!
Service prompt and attentive.
If we are ever in Troon again we'll certainly return here.

• Visited June 2014