“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troon
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went here to stay for a wedding,it was wonderful. Helpful staff and a beautiful spot. It is very tranquil setting with lovely gardens. The hotel has its own little shop with some tempting items. The rooms are enormous and fantastic. Had the best sleep of our holiday due to black out curtains. I would love to one day be lucky enough to go back. Feel very lucky to have been once. It is somewhere special I won't forget. Didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: A back room will get a good view of the sea
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

we had lunch here 18.95 for two courses 21.95 for three.A lovely restaurant-well laid out good table sizes for different parties.
An excellent menu for all tastes Ihad chicken -perfectly cooked and the rest of the table had fish all served with understated charm and style.
The wine list is pleasantly extensive with a fair choice of decently priced wines.
After lunch we strolled round the grounds and then headed fo Troon beach -just great.
A good place for lunch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Met with some friends for an early evening meal. The staff are very attentive and helpful , your made to feel special. The food is gorgeous , beautifully presented and the flavours were amazing. I had lamb which was cooked to perfection and the vegetables on the plate tasted Devine. The pudding was a work of art , it seemed a shame to eat it it was even better than it looked . If you are looking for somewhere to have a special meal look no further .

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I took my Mum here as a thank you gift recently. The hotel is beautiful, quiet and unstuffy. The staff make you feel welcome, are keen to help, yet unobtrusive.
Our afternoon tea selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes was delicious - more than enough for the two of us, so a very generous portion. Getting extra cream and jam for the scones was no trouble at all, and we were left to enjoy the time, and not rushed out once the food had all been eaten! I would heartily recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is one of life's hidden gems. We were taken here and when we arrived we felt very honoured. Our meal was just to die for. I had belly of pork and langoustine which just melted in your mouth. Then I had trio of lamb which was just delicious and had that lovely sweet but rich meaty flavour that most restaurants manage to loose. Then dispite the fact that we had little in between courses there was still room for dessert which I generally think is badly done now a days but not here I had warm chocolate mousse chocolate mousse is something I am an expert on and this let me tell you was amassing. Lots of chocolate in various forms but mum a meea I was in heaven. Coffee was served in the drawing room in wonderful chairs with cushions plumped up. Trust me I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband, young daughter (aged 6 years old) and I had afternoon tea at around 12.30 on Saturday 6 April in Lochgreen. I had been for afternoon tea a couple of times with friends recently at other establishments and had been telling my daughter all about this. She was delighted with the idea of us all going for afternoon tea together.

When we arrived we were greeted by the receptionist who was very pleasant and polite and who told us that a waitress ‘Frances’ would be looking after us. I have to say ‘Frances’ was very helpful and engaged with our daughter, chatting away to her and making her feel at home from the minute we sat down. Likewise my husband and I were most impressed with her level of service and attention to detail. She really is an asset to the hotel. I actually overheard some older ladies, who I assume must be regular visitors to Loch green saying how lovely she is too. What a star.

I wouldn’t say that the hotel particularly caters well for children, even well behaved ones like my daughter and had it not been for Frances’ kind and friendly manner I don’t think the experience would have been a particular favourite outing for my little girl. The food too, whilst being very nice wasn’t really suited to a child – my daughter eats most things but none of the sandwiches appealed to her. The cakes were very much appreciated though.

All in all, I would say we had a nice time but I think this was largely due to the waitress we had looking after us. Well done Loch green on their staff training, not so well done on making the food appealing to their younger customers.

• Stayed April 2013
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Attended an evening wedding reception here, although have previously dined and stayed over. From the moment we walked in the front door we were reminded of the excellent service and the attention to detail which is characteristic of the property.

Very nice greeting on arrival by reception staff, public areas and toilets immaculate as usual and bar staff attentive and very polite and friendly. The venue is particularly suitable for numbers from about 50 up to 80ish I would imagine. The band were particularly good (Slanj) and the stage setup allowed them to maximise their interaction with the audience. Sound systems seemed to work well too.

A bit of evening food was on offer (10pm) and it seemed to go down very well with the (by then) hungry guests. The service throughout was excellent I must say and, as an example, the bar staff seemed to regularly patrol the tables politely taking away empty glasses but being meticulous not getting in anyone's way yet not taking away glasses from tables while the guests were away dancing.

All of this was overseen discreetly by the MC type person whom I recognised from a function a few years ago. You could see him smiling and proudly surveying how well his staff were doing.

Anyway it was very impressive and topped off with a friendly cheerio as we passed reception on our way home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lochgreen House Hotel? Share your experiences!