“Would recommend!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Monktonhill Road | Southwood, Troon KA10 7EN, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Troon
“Would recommend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Whole experience was great from the moment we arrived til the moment we left! Staff were helpful and pleasant but not overbearing and food was first class. Exactly what we were looking for and fit the occasion. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just had full body hot stone massage by suzie,and my partner had the golf treatment.Best massage I have ever had well worth a visit.Suzie was very professional but very friendly.This was my partners first massage and he loved it so now he will be a frequent user.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Totally love this hotel, the ambience, the food, the staff, the cleanliness, the breakfasts, all perfect. Having been fortunate enough to stay in some of the worlds top hotels I can safely say that the Lochgreen ranks amongst the best. Best of all though is the fact its on my doorstep.

The standard of service and exceptional food need a very special mention though and in my opinion deserve more than the three rosettes they already have. Nothing better than enjoying a meal of this standard then being shown through to the lounge to relax on a plush settee in front of a roaring log fire. Heaven

Would also like to say sorry to the staff in this review, during a recent stay we where joined by my daughter who was unfortunately unwell resulting in some unpleasant work for the poor cleaning staff. This was handled with grace and concern though and went some way to staving of our embarrassment.

Thankyou lochgreen

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I treated my mum to afternoon tea here yesterday and although the food itself was nice the overall experience was not that worthy of a 5 star hotel. The pianist was a nice touch but was extremely loud, so much so that I could barely hear myself speak. There was also no explanation of the sandwich fillers or any of the cakes we were eating which is a little unusual. I also didn't appreciate a woman practicing her singing whislt we were eating - not very professional of a hotel of this standard. A nice experience but nothing special.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Booked the Escape package at the Purity Spa at the Lochgreen House Hotel for a Mother's Day gift for my mum (& me!)
After a very relaxing 70 minute full body, head and foot massage, we went into the main building for our afternoon tea as part of the package.

We were offered the choice of afternoon tea (5 finger sandwiches, 2 scones each, fancy wee cakes(!) and tea/coffee) with champagne or we could choose 2 from a starter/main/dessert with tea/coffee and champagne.
Thought this to be an excellent deal!!!!
My mum & I both opted for the blackened chicken open toasted sandwich (a meal in it's own right!) delicious and the sticky toffee pudding, to die for ;-)))
After a small mix up with the sandwiches we were automatically offered another glass of champagne on the house as an apology.

People get things wrong. No one's perfect. In my opinion it's how they respond to the mistake that makes the difference. Top marks!

A coffee pot arrived with warm milk and ........a plate of homemade shortbread.
At this rate they were going to have to roll me out the door!

My mum and I had a thoroughly wonderful day. We left feeling relaxed and suitably stuffed!

* Special mention to Frances for looking after us * Management take note; Frances is a real asset to your staff. Some of the younger members of your team should take her lead.

Tip for management; On leaving the Spa (situated away from the main house) it was raining and neither my mum nor I had umbrellas with us. May I suggest umbrellas being available to use for guests going to/from the main house?

Thank you Lochgreen for a special day and for allowing me to spend some much needed quality time with my mum.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CraigHarvie, Operations Manager at Lochgreen House Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was fantastic to hear you enjoyed your visit to Lochgreen for afternoon tea. Afternoon tea is very popular at Lochgreen and I was pleased you found it not only to be filling but excellent value also. I was also encouraged to hear you found Frances to be a real asset. We value all our hard working staff and I have personally passed your thanks on to her. I take you comments about the umbrellas on board and I hope to welcome you to Lochgreen in the near future.
Millport18
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We spent two nights here recently for an away from it all rest. Beautiful gardens - manicured and perfect. The hotel grounds are lovely and you get an instant very good first impression. Excellent reception and throughout our stay the staff were wonderful. Particularly the restaurant staff but all were of the highest quality - knowledgeable, helpful, smiling, polite, welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them. They are a credit to the hotel. The rooms are very nice. Large and airy and comfortable. There was a massive bathroom but here is where the quirky stuff started. I hate it when there is very little shelp sapce to put toilet bags etc. You end up putting things on the floor. A bit strange really. Here is a really quirky issue. The hotel is not cheap, but the toiolet paper was. It was cheap rubbish. Why spoil the overall effect by cutting such a silly corner. The separate shower had very poor temperature control - it was either hot or cold but little in between. Finally, while we are in the bathroom, the water was not hot enough. My job is to act as a water hygiene consultant for organisations, and it worried me that the water was warm/hot rather than hot. I won't go into the reasons for that concern here, but the concern was real.
We had a half board packeage and took dinner in the restaurant in the evening. The ambience of the restaurant is wonderful. The staff, as previously mentioned were outstanding. The food was terrific. We really enjoyed it and it is a big plus for the hotel. On the second night we took our coffee after dinner in front of the roaring fire in the entrance lobb/room and it was warm and relaxing. We would recommend this place to anyone and we will certainly use it again. A few minor issues which would be, I am sure, easily addressed. Worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I was glad you found the staff to be of the highest standard and the fact that you thought "they are a credit to the hotel" is really encouraging to hear. I take all you comments on board and can assure you that they are currently being looked into. I look forward to welcoming you back to Lochgreen in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at Lochgreen before with family at Christmas, I took my girlfriend for a 1 night stay last year for Valentine's and enjoyed the stay and dinner so much we ended up staying an extra night. This year we decided to go back again for 2 nights and once more we were not left disappointed. The rooms are huge, yet cosy and comfortable. The dinner both nights of our stay was delicious and the wine superb. The staff at both dinner and breakfast were excellent - professional and attentive at dinner; bright and friendly at breakfast. Special thanks as well for providing us a full cooked breakfast when we had a bit of a lie in and came down after 10am. We were expecting to only be able to get a coffee, yet the lady at breakfast insisted it was no trouble at all and got us bacon, eggs, toast and pancakes. Other hotels are far less accommodating if you are late for their breakfast service. Would thoroughly recommend and will definitely stay again in future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind and positive review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. The fact that the breakfast staff went that extra mile to look after you was most pleasing to hear. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lochgreen in the near future.

Been to Lochgreen House Hotel? Share your experiences!