“Best hospitality in Ayrshire!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best hospitality in Ayrshire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I took my daughter and mum to this gorgeous little shop for a fantastic lunch. The food was outstanding, and I adored the cakes! All the staff were very friendly, and went out of their way to accommodate us. I will never visit 'The Shire' without coming in here to take advantage of not just the amazing food, but also the wonderful atmosphere.

The shop is beautiful, and we all loved browsing the fabulous art and jewellery.

Chalk on the tables for customers to add their own personal mark to the chalkboard wall is an ingenious touch.

I can't wait to come back again!

• Visited April 2013

Glasgow
“Great cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

An unusual coffee shop/ restaurant . We were faced with eating the usual baked potatoes, baguettes and paninis when we came across this unusual little shop. After some deliberation - stovies lost out to oatcakes with tuna , my sister had tomato and bean soup with granary bread - we agreed we had made a good choice with the restaurant . The cakes were very tempting and we tried the Austrian poppy seed cake with rum and red currant icing - outstanding! I had to enquire for the recipe , the lady was happy to help. Good service, good food and a good price.

Ayrshire, Scotland
“Exciting new addition to the menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been going to this fabulous cafe for a few months now, when I want to write (I'm a children's author) and need an endless supply of coffee and food whenever the power to my pen needs re-fueling!

The stovies there have been a hot favourite of mine however I was absolutely thrilled today when I was served some delicious 'Pulled Pork' - a tasty reminder of my travels to the deep South! Brilliant! I won't go anywhere else in Troon now.

Ayr, United Kingdom
“lunch magic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just thought i'd try the little shop with no name for lunch. I liked the name so thought i'd give it a go. It was absolutely fabulous. The food was fresh and tasty...and looked great as well. They couldn't have been more helpful and my fussy eating daughter was no problem to them. I will certainly go back...great food, great atmosphere and great value.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visited the little shop with no name today for an "early " Mothers Day Treat... 3 mums!!!!!
And have to say the food was delicious. We had the stovies, which I was assured by the 3 who had it was absolutely delicious. I had the smorgasbord and again it was fresh, delicious and extremely filling, with such a variety on the board. I would recommend it to anyone.

To finish off we sampled the dumpling, the lemon polenta cake, the ginger cake and the sweet smorgasbord, ( goodness we sound a greedy bunch,,there were 5 of us!) I had the polenta and it was to die for, wish I had the recipe for it as it was most and yes, very lemony. Totally yummy.

This shop is well worth a visit, the price is good, the food amazing and the banter so funny.

Worth going to Troon for a visit. We all thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Thanks.