“Over promised and under delivered” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Torridon Hotel Restaurant

The Torridon Hotel Restaurant
By Achnasheen | The Torridon Inn, Torridon IV22 2EY, Scotland (Formerly The Torridon Restaurant)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Torridon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Torridon Restaurant is a 3 AA rossette fine dining establishment. We offer a 5 course table d'hôte menu prepared by our award winning chef Bruno Birckbeck.Our front of house team will always be on hand to recommend the best matching wine for your selections from the menu from our well appointed wine list.Following your meal enjoy petites fours and a degestif in our award winning whisky bar with 350 whiskies
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Over promised and under delivered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Limited choices, only 2 choices for the main course. 1st night: braised highland beef or sea bream. 2nd night: guinea fowl or hake. Even though it was 5 courses it was uninspiring and we rate it "at best" 4 out of 5. Disappointed with lack of local seafood.

Visited August 2013
DanRB, Manager at The Torridon Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal with us. We have offered a daily changing menu for a number of years, which offers a choice of main course each day. Most guests, but not all, enjoy the style of menu. The beef is from our own highland beef herd from the field in front, Sea Bream and Hake sourced from the East coast of Scotland, pork from our own Tamworth pig. I would accept that not all our ingredients are local but as you can see many are. We do offer scallops, oysters, crab and langoustines as part of our dishes but on the evenings you dined this was not the case for which I apologise. I would happily of taken 4 out of 5, but feel a little disappointed with the 3 you gave us. Regards, Daniel

London, United Kingdom
“Distinctly Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food was nothing special, not the taste sensation promised. Service was hit and miss. Some staff were very courteous and knowledgeable, whilst others were just plain rude. Won't be eating there again and wouldn't recommend it, given the price. Eaten far better elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. I am at a loss to explain why you felt some of the staff were rude to you yet others were good. I had not received any comments that this was the case. If you were able to write to me personally and elaborate then I would be able to investigate the situation. I see that you stayed at the Torridon Inn and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay there. Regards, Daniel
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had an excellent dinner in The Torridon Restaurant. The food was great, service perfect, and the view from the restaurant is amazing.
Yes, everything comes to a price, but to me it was definitely worth it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very good food indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Came here a couple of times during my time working in Applecross, when I wanted a change from my own cooking and the three excellent places to eat in Applecross. The food really is excellent. A menu full of ingenuity.
It's clear they'd like a Michelin star, by the tremendous efforts they obviously make to produce superb food. (And the tongue in cheek comments made in here by the owners!) Thankfully I don't have the lofty responsibility of awarding these, but the three rosettes are very well deserved.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“An experience to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked a meal at the Torridon as part of our stay in the area and had a fabulous five course table d'hôte menu. The food was well presented and it was great to have each course explained to us - the food itself looked and tasted fantastic and we were impressed by the service which was friendly and efficient.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us as it is very much appreciated. We hope we might welcome you back in the future. Regards, Dan & Rohaise