Good value hotel on Loch Torridon in the grounds of the more expensive hotel. We stayed for 3 nights in May 2013. Rooms comfortable and relatively large with a small TV that shows Sky sports if you are interested in keeping up with such things. Wifi is available in the lounge and bar but not in the rooms. Hotel is in a fabulous location for walking and other outdoor pursuits but don't underestimate the Torridon mountains. They look pretty formidable, even in good weather ! Due to wind and rain we kept down to low levels but there is still plenty of good walking to be had. There is a good bar selling a selection of local beers and a large collection of malt whiskey. Food can be taken in the bar or in the adjacent restaurant and it is of a perfectly adequate standard although we were struggling to make choices on the 3rd night. It is possible to eat at the hotel at £55 for a 5 course dinner, compared to ~ £20 for 3 courses at the Inn. There are relatively few other places to eat nearby as the location is so remote, so the food might be an issue if you are staying longer than 3 or 4 days. Having said that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we would certainly visit again. The main star though is the local countryside which is absolutely magnificent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern convenience meets cosy surroundings at The Torridon Inn which is situated 100 metres from the hotel, on the shores of Loch Torridon. Whether you use it as a base to enjoy some of the many activities on offer at our activities centre, or simply as an informal place to unwind at, you can be guaranteed a most memorable stay at The Torridon Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Torridon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Torridon Hotel Torridon
- The Torridon Inn Scotland