The Glenmorangie house certainly lives up to expectation! The most suprising feature of the accomodation is the stunning surrounding areas - you can walk onto low rising cliffs and a beach within minutes of the accomodation.
We were provided delicious caramel shortbread for afternoon tea.
In the evening all guests eat together so your enjoyment may be impacted by the other guests staying at the same time as you. With that said the food was lovely and the drinks reasonably priced.
The staff were most helpful.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenmorangie House Hotel
- The Glenmorangie House Hotel Tain
- The Glenmorangie House Tain, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the unspoilt shores of the Dornoch Firth and nestled amongst the ruins of an old castle this 17th century house is both luxurious and intimate. With everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel, but with the warmth and personality of a country house party, this really is a special place to come and experience the rugged beauty of the highlands.Take a walk along the beach, play a round of golf, visit our distillery and then head back to the house to enjoy award winning food sourced from our own kitchen garden, a surrounding farm or the sea; a quick 200 yard dash down a tree lined path.Glenmorangie House holds the prestigious Michelin Hotel Guide single ‘Red House’ symbol – one of only nine in Scotland. It has also been awarded two Red Rosettes for its food from the AA hotel inspection service and three Red Stars and a red rocking chair for its exceptional accommodation and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your The Glenmorangie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.