“4 day tour with George” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1456 486675
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Around Loch Ness is the perfect choice for a memorable visit to the Highlands of Scotland. You can walk in the footsteps of our ancestors, get up close to the rich natural heritage and history of the area, or simply relax and take in our spectacular scenery. The choice is yours. We offer tailor made and pre-planned day and half day tours for small intimate groups of up to 8 persons. Our knowledgeable and cheerful local guides will be happy to welcome you on board and share with you an experience you will never forget.
London, United Kingdom
“4 day tour with George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

George! The best tour I ever had. He is very professional and nice, despite that we had no such good weather on the last day. He is a life bible of the place, he knows the land, the people, the wild life! we really had a good time with him. I just want to say, thank you George for this wonderful trip we all really enjoyed it!!!!!

Visited April 2014
George P, Owner at Around Loch Ness, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Many thanks for this review and for taking the time to post it. My job is so fantastic when my customers are determined to have a good time...as you guys were. Walking up the Old Man of Storr on Skye with horizontal rain while wearing only flimbsy plastic poncho's did not dampen your spirits. It was a real pleasure to take you around and I hope to be able to follow up on the camping expedition at sometime in the future. Best regards

Sydney, Australia
“Our wonderful day with George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We organized our day with George before we left Australia first via his website/email then a phone call. George organized a great day for us! We only had 1 day to explore this magic place as 8 of us were only in port for the day. George was waiting for us on the dock at Invergordon and we had a fun filled, action packed day! Our itinerary included Clava Cairns, an amazing and spiritual ancient burial site; Culloden Battlefields where George enacted some scenes for us! Loch Ness cruise of course + Urquhart castle; Cawdor Castle; lunch in Inverness and much more. George is very passionate about his homeland and is very knowledgeable but never over bearing. while he kept us moving, we never felt over stretched and he had us back to the cruise ship in good time. His van is very comfortable - 8 adults fitted. We would not hesitate to recommend George and his tour - very reasonable cost too. Much much less than cruise ship tours and he kept us away from the dreaded tour buses! Thanks George from the Aussies.

Visited September 2013
George P, Owner at Around Loch Ness, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
A big thank you from Loch Ness for taking the time to post such a positive review. I am glad the Highlights Tour proved suitable as it is always a challenge to fit as much into a day without feeling too rushed. I hope the rest of your trip went well and I would be delighted to see you all again in the future. Kind regards
Palm Coast, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Great guide! Wonderful day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were very happy that a friend found "Around Loch Ness" on line and booked our day in port with George. He was fantastic! We were in a group of 7 and he tailored the day to cover all the sights on our list plus a few more! We had no problem getting back to the ship on time and thought his price very reasonable. We didn't have to get entry tickets ahead of time--he took care of that on the day of with no waiting in line. George was very professional and gave us a delightful day.
We highly recommend touring with him.

Visited August 2013
George P, Owner at Around Loch Ness, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Apologies for taking some time to get back to you to thank you for this positive review. I really appreciate that you have taken the time to do this and am so glad that you enjoyed your time in the Highlands. Hope to see you again!
Grand Junction, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Exceptional Tour Guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I pre-booked a tour with George online, which he did a great job of designing to fit in all the sights we wanted to see in the area. We only had one day to explore (we arrived via cruise ship), but George was waiting for us when we got off the ship, and provided us with a fun, informative day. We stopped at Clava Cairns, which was an amazing ancient site, Loch Ness, Glen Ord Distillery, and Cawdor Castle, even having enough time to stop for a tasty lunch along the way. (Thanks to George for finding a place to eat with my specific taste in mind)! I can't say enough about how knowledgeable George is about the area, and what a great guide he is. He was also very careful to pay attention to time constraints so that we got back to the ship in plenty of time. Don't think twice about hiring George; he'll provide you with an insightful, enjoyable tour!

Visited August 2013
George P, Owner at Around Loch Ness, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
It may be some time since your tour but I wanted just to follow up and thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review. I do think I have one of the easiest jobs with the Highland area and its scenery speaking for itself. However it very rewarding to hear that customers enjoyed their time with Around Loch Ness and I hope you will be able to visit again in the future. Best regards
Svärdsjö
“Scenary and destillery tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a great time with George who knows a great deal about the Highlands, and he was a splendid guide. We went through a beautiful nature, and got some great pictures from astonishing view points. The visit to the Glen Ord destillery was also nice, including some good whisky. We can strongly recommend George for future tours, his a great guide.

Visited July 2013
George P, Owner at Around Loch Ness, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review. I am so glad you enjoyed the tour and were able to get some great pictures of your visit. When the weather is at its best there is no finer place on earth to be....but then I am biased. Thanks again and I hope you will be able to revisit sometime in the future. Kind regards