We stayed here at the weekend and what could have been a very negative experience was saved by excellent customer service. Returning to Glenmonriston Arms after a great trip here in 2010, we were staying in the rooms detached from the hotel (as before), which are still as fresh as 4 years ago with a fabulous bathroom (the shower is excellent). After a terrible first nights sleep we returned tired after a day of driving around the Glens and decided to try and turn the mattresses to see if that helped the comfort. Subsequently we discovered the bed base was badly damaged and had damaged the mattress. I went and informed the staff who sent Ailsa (the owner) down to the room to see us. She was very apologetic about the situation and offered to try and find us a B&B as they were fully booked. We decided we would rather try and stay in the room as we had made dinner plans. Ailsa arranged for a man to come and make a temporary repair (understandable that with the rural location you couldn't just pick a bed up at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon!). We were advised that we would not be charged for our accommodation for the stay. We felt that this was fair and was excellent customer service. The staff throughout the weekend were great and are a real asset to Ailsa. Food was excellent (loved the scallops and black pudding) and sitting in front of the fire choosing from the whiskey menu was great. Our experience here this weekend has ensured that we will be back. Things can always go wrong in the service industry but it is how it is dealt with that will always stick in your mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel located in the Scottish Highlands by Loch Ness, on the road to the Isle of Skye. Perfectly placed to base yourself whilst touring the Highlands. This charming old Hotel, has 7 traditionally furnished bedrooms within the main building and 3 more contemporary styled external bedrooms. There is also an in-house therapeutic massage room with treatments by appointment. The Moriston Bar and restaurant delivers quality Scottish fayre, locally sourced wherever possible, and an extensive range of over 100 single malt whiskies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Glenmoriston Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Arms Invermoriston
- Hotel Glenmoriston Arms
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel Invermoriston, Scotland - Loch Ness