There is not much at Glenmoriston in between Inverness and Fort Augustus. But this old pub or hotel really made my day. It is not the most expensive place or the most fancy but it has all one would expect of such a place. Charm, low ceilings, up and downs and around corners to the bedroom, creaky floors, all wonderful.
There is a nice bar as well with a good selection of whisky just the right thing after a hard day's driving. The restaurant is lovely too. Crisp tablecloth and napkins and a good menu with excellent food to recommend.
While in Glenmoriston take a short walk along the road to a spring called St Columba dating back to Pictish times. Then further along is an old bridge across a river and waterfall. All very recommendable and much better than staying in Fort William.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Arms Invermoriston
- Hotel Glenmoriston Arms
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel Invermoriston, Scotland - Loch Ness
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel located in the Scottish Highlands by Loch Ness, on the road to the Isle of Skye. Perfectly placed to base yourself whilst touring the Highlands. This charming old Hotel, parts of which predate the Battle of Culloden, has 8 bedrooms within the main building and 3 external bedrooms housed in the Old Tavern which was refurbished in 2010. The Moriston Bar and restaurant delivers good wholesome Scottish fayre, locally sourced wherever possible, and an extensive range of single malt whisky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Glenmoriston Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.