We stayed for 1 night DB&B and our whole experience was wonderful. A small error when booking over the phone was handled so well it turned into a positive experience, including a room upgrade. The room itself (in the main hotel) was very comfortable with a massive bed and a lovely view across the mountains. All of the staff were extremely warm and friendly and made us feel very special. Scottish breakfast in the Brasserie was a treat, comprising local ingredients cooked and served with care. However the star of the show was the dinner we had in the fine dining restaurant. The food was spectacular: a five course sampler menu with unexpected and amusing combinations, beautifully presented and tasting just wonderful. We have had the fortune to eat a couple of times in Michelin-starred restaurants and this experience was at least as good, if not better.
A big thanks to all the staff, especially the chef, for giving us such a great weekend. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian property that delicately balances tradition & contemporary. The dedicated team has a drive & passion to deliver an outstanding visitor experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Lovat, Loch Ness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Hotel Fort Augustus
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Fort Augustus, Scotland