“Perfect quiet location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Augustus
Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast
You added Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
2 The Steadings, Auchterawe, Fort Augustus PH32 4BT, Scotland   |
Ranked #4 of 28 Fort Augustus B&B and Inns
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
“Perfect quiet location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

we stayed one inght ( wished it could have been more ) at Mavisburn B and B. Location for us was perfect. Off the beaten tack ( not far ) and so quiet. Lots of nature around. Very warm welcome with Tea and Cakes. lovely room and god breakfast. The perect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of tourists.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mavisburn, Owner at Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hello Elsie and Stuart

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your short stay here with us and we are both delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your comments very much.

It was lovely to meet you both and we hope you enjoyed the rest of the trip towards home after leaving us.

Thanks again.

Elaine & John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
horndean, hampshire uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We arrived at Mavisburn to a warm welcome and a much needed cup of tea (and cake and biscuits!!). Our first impression of the property was how clean it was, we were not disappointed when we were shown to the en suite double room. I challenge anyone to find a speck of dust or a dead spider anywhere!! The furniture and fittings were good quality which stood out a mile. No flat packs for Elaine and John!!
Elaine was kind enough to drive us to the village and collect us both evenings to enable us to have a meal and a few drinks in Fort Augustus which is a couple of miles from Mavisburn. The setting of the B&B is beautiful, so quiet! I'm not sure if that is why we slept so well, or it may have been the large comfy bed and fresh bed linen.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this property, it is tranquil, very clean, with VERY helpful and accommodating owners.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mavisburn, Owner at Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Hello Elaine and Gary

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your stay here with us. You were both very welcome. John and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much with us and that you were looked after well whilst here!

We really do appreciate your comments and it helps us to know that we are hopefully 'doing it right' for our guests.

It would be a pleasure to see you again if you do happen to return to the Highlands.

Elaine and John
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had the privilege of staying with John and Elaine for just two nights, and can`t recommend this lovely warm welcoming couple too highly.

For the first time ever in a B&B we were offered a pot of tea and a chance to relax in the beautifully kept lounge, before being shown to our room. The furnishings are of a very high standard but you don`t feel like it`s a "show" house and you are encouraged to make yourself right at home.

The accommodation is spotless, the breakfast is excellent and nothing is too much trouble for John and Elaine. The B&B is situated in a really beautiful spot and we will definitely be going back again.

Hello to you both!

Thank you so much for your great review on your stay with us. We both appreciate your comments and it is nice to know that we are looking after our guests and that we made you feel at home whilst you were staying with us.

It was a pleasure to meet you both and we hope that if you do venture back up to the Highlands, we have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Thank you both again.

copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were greeted with a big smile and a very warm welcome and felt very much at home immediately. We were asked about our long journey and was offered tea or coffee and home made cakes to enjoy in the lounge and unwind. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and came with an excellent breakfast. The setting was perfect with just the wildlife and scenery for company. A most enjoyable break with the perfect hosts.

Room Tip: Try to book well in advance
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mavisburn, Owner at Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello and many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

We are delighted that you felt right at home as soon as you arrived, as this is how we like our guests to feel when the stay with us.

It was really good to meet you both and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your summer break.

Elaine and John
Fort Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the minute I saw the lovely gardens and well kept grounds at Mavisburn I knew I'd come to the right place. Elaine met me at the door and offered a cup of tea. How lovely, especially after having driven for hours in an unfamiliar place, and in my case on the wrong side of the road! It really felt more like coming for a visit with family than to someone I'd never met. :-)

Elaine showed me to my room which was bright, new, and perfectly decorated. There was a tray with teas and coffees, a TV, a lovely touch lamp so I was able to adjust the light during the evening, and a beautiful skylight window overlooking a garden.

Breakfast was in keeping with everything else, excellent. John is the chef and you put in your order the night before. I had the full Scottish with a bit of prune and yogurt for starters, and the coffee was excellent as well.

Really I can't say enough about my stay at Mavisburn. John and Elaine have thought of every detail and they're a great team! I highly recommend Mavisburn to anyone looking for an excellent accommodation at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: You can sit out in the charming garden or on the patio.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hello and thank you so much for a lovely detailed review on your stay with us. I am so pleased that the tea helped revive you after your long and stressful drive, especially being on the 'wrong side' of the road!

John and I are so pleased that you found everything to your liking and that you enjoyed your stay here with us immensely.

It was a pleasure to meet you and we both hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip around Scotland.

Thank you so much again.

Elaine & John
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I arrived and was met at the door and asked if I'd like a cup of tea. I said yes but mentioned I'd like a shower first (I was on a cycling holiday). This was no problem and I was shown to my room and the bathroom, which was for my exclusive use and just across the corridor from my room. The tea was wonderful and was a pot with enough for 3 cups. There was also cake!
Nothing was too much trouble and they even washed my cycling gear for me when I asked.
Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
Mavisburn, Owner at Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello and thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate it very much and we are delighted that you felt so welcome. It was a pleasure to look after you.

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your 'end to end' ride and that the weather stayed reasonably kind to you for the rest of the way!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Welcome was spot-on with the offer of a jug of coffee when we arrived! Accommodation is excellent and a great choice at breakfast. It was really nice to be a bit outside of the village but close enough for easy access.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mavisburn, Owner at Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello Archie and thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. John and I are very pleased that you were both comfortable during your stay.

I am also pleased to note that you enjoyed the serenity of our little area, but that you still felt close enough to the village and all the amenities that is has to offer.

It was a pleasure to meet you and Margo and you would be welcome back any time you are in the area again.

Elaine

Been to Mavisburn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!