“A good nights rest here!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Manchester
illinois
“A good nights rest here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived after a long day on the road with lots of traffic delays. Everyone on staff was warm and friendly and very efficient with any request. Coffee and hot tea available anytime and several good breakfast options too. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds. Would stay again if we pass through that way.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Amber K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We would like to personally thank you for your very warm comments about our hotel. We always strive to impress our guests with excellence, friendly staff members, and a pleasant stay. I do hope that we see you and are able to extend the same great stay experience the next time you are visiting Manchester,TN.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alapaha, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was only here for one night. I was staying to see a concert at Cumberland Caverns. The hotel was great, very comfortable. The location was fairly convienient to interstate 24 and local restaurants. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I want to thank you so very much for your kind words about our property. We continually try to do our best at keeping our guests happy and feeling like part of our family. We strive for excellence in every area whether it be cleanliness, foor quality, customer service, and loyalty program recognition. I hope to see you the next time you are travelling through or visiting the area to provide you with the same quality of service you received this stay. Thank you so much!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is proppobly the nicest in are, with very friendly staff how ever has some shortcomings. My room was nice and big fairly clean but bathroom fixtures are pretty old, toilet was cracked as well as bath tub was showing signs of mold.
I think worst part is the breakfast are which is very small and can hardly fit all the guest , the business area is in same place and everyone can watch over your shoulder what you doing on computer, lady working the breakfast area is not wearing any protective gloves and I see her going in to garbage and then touching trays for food that is not very pleasant .
I did stay here few times but is just because there is nothing better here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Branusik,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you were satisfied with the room you received. However, I am sorry you found our breakfast, service and condition of the bathroom facility less than satisfactory. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for your comments and to better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had to stay 3 nights for a business event. Rooms were clean and nice. Coffee was good (a huge perk to this coffee junkie!) and breakfast options were decent. You could have anything from cereal to something hot. Will be back next time I'm in need of a hotel in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I was very glad to hear that being a business traveller you enjoyed your stay here with us at HIE Manchester,TN. I have had many guests tell us how great our coffee tastes and of course we continually keep it hot a fresh all day and night long. Our excellent and caring staff try to provide every guest with anything that they need to make them feel like this is their home away from home. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are travelling through or are here on business.
Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Manchester while on a business conference at the Gossick Leadership Center at Arnold Air Force Base. The Holiday Inn Express makes a very convenient location for business at Arnold AFB and the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC). The hotel is located just off of I-24 is only about a 15-20 minute drive to the Leadership Center and even less to AEDC.

As for the HIE itself, I found it to be clean and comfortable, as well as affordable, but nothing really outstanding. The staff personnel who I dealt with (all at the front desk) were very friendly and quite helpful. Beyond that, it is really just an average or a little better establishment. Here are some observations:

I was in a king room on the first floor. The room had plenty of space and was well appointed. In the main area was the king size bed, two night stands, a large chair and footstool, desk with an office chair and a dresser. Appliances in the bedroom included a flat screen TV (not sure of the size, but not huge), a small refrigerator and a microwave. Overall, very well appointed. The bed was comfy and I slept very well.

The bathroom was good size and had all the niceties. There were plenty of towels and all the little bottles of stuff (shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash). There was a hairdryer in the bathroom as well as a coffee maker along with fixings for coffee and tea (I drink neither, so no idea if this stuff was really useful).

There is free wifi available in the rooms, which is a plus. But there were negatives as well. It was a little noisy in the room. The air conditioning and the refrigerator both were a little loud (not significant but it could be an issue for a light sleeper). Also there seemed to be an issue with the hot water. Now there was plenty of water pressure, but the water temperature never got steamy. Both when showering or shaving, I had the facets turned to full heat but the water just got to warm (comfortable enough for a shower, but certainly not hot).

The HIE also offers a free breakfast, which is a nice touch, but it is a limited selection. The only fruit were green bananas. There were bagels, breads and muffins, plus hot and cold cereals and a few hot entrees (biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon or sausage), plus a pancakes. Good enough to get your morning started, but also an artery clogging experience if you do not choose wisely.

There is a small pool and fitness center (two treadmills and two elliptical machines). The fitness center opens at 5:00 AM (not sure of the closing time). There is not a business center in the HIE, but there is a computer in the lobby for the guests to use for printing boarding passes and checking email.

I was a little discouraged with that the cleaning carts were lined-up in the hallway to the rooms early in the morning. It is just not that pleasant of a sight to see all the cleaning carts waiting there as you come and go from breakfast.

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Manchester was adequate. The place server my needs but offered no frills, not that I was looking for any. I would stay here in the future, but I would also be open to other options in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mary Y, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
We would like to thank you so much for your very thorough feedback of our hotel. We are sadly disappointed that you did not find our hotel exceptional, but that only encourages us to aim higher. We are so sorry for any incoveniences that you encountered during your stay with us here in Manchester and we sincerely hope we have the opportunity to wow you in the future. Thank you so much for staying with us!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The front desk staff were very friendly and called me by name. They made me feel welcome. The room was clean, but could use a little updating. However it is still a good value and in a convenient location just off of I-24. The breakfast was good, seemed to be fresh, and the lady keeping everything stocked was very friendly. I did not use the pool or exercise room, so I will not comment. They also have a meeting facility if you need it.

• Stayed January 2013
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed one night on the way home from Florida. Staff was friendly and efficient. Hotel was clean and well maintained. Room was well kept and clean. Internet worked very well and was easy to use. Would recommend this property to other travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester? Share your experiences!