“Ok for the price” 2 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manchester
Greeneleafe Inn
Save Saved
You added Greeneleafe Inn to your Saves list
201 Murfreesboro Hwy, Manchester, TN 37355   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Manchester
Chattanooga, TN
“Ok for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

My best friend lives in Smyrna and I'm in Chattanooga - we were looking for an inexpensive halfway point to meet for a girl's weekend away. The review here lead me to the main website, which looked impressive. I called to reserve as the website reported that there were no rooms available. The front desk person helped me (he indicated the website wasn't working properly) secure a room for $54+tax, which seemed to be a bargain.
We arrived early and were allowed to check in around 12:30, which was helpful. The Inn is located just off Manchester's town square, several miles from the interstate exit. This makes it quieter, if less convenient to restaurants, etc. The lobby, despite reeking of cigarette smoke, is nicely decorated in a contemporary style. Check-in was simple and quick.
The motel is obviously a retrofit and rebranding of a much older motel. There are 2 two-story outside corridor buildings, only one of which is in use. The outside is pretty run down; old and cracked concrete walkways, peeling paint, etc. The room itself (deluxe two queen, #113) was beautifully redone in a contemporary style - burgundy duvets, dark wood headboards, new carpet and tile, new vanity and tub surround, microwave and fridge. Once we turned the heat off (turned up to high and hottest setting!), we settled in. We pulled the curtains together - actually only the light-blocking liners, no fabric - and noticed that there was no mechanical door stopper above the main electronic lock. We didn't ask for a change of room, but it looked sloppy and gives you an extra layer of security. The lack of curtains really mattered when we went to bed. There was a VERY bright fluorescent light on the walkway outside our room. Good for security, bad for sleeping! There was enough light inside the room to read by. Curtains over the liner would not only look nice, it would allow a pleasant nights' sleep.
All of this seems like a bad review, but we realized we got $54 worth of a motel. Were it not for totally redone rooms, I would have changed motels. I just felt like I was shown the nice parts of the rooms on a swanky website, without any context that this motel is very much in the upgrading stage. Maybe in a few years, but in the meantime, I'll pay more for a better hotel overall.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Shelbyville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

After being on the road for hours the check in time was wonderful. Quick and in my room. Could not believe the room!!! It was amazing. Beautiful decor I ask to see other rooms out of curiousity...the one bed even has a canopy these rooms are out of sight! Service is the best !! Now, I was told they added the "Grill" the breakfast was included with the hotel room (cheap). Didn't expect that but it worked! I will definitely go back there and stay.

• Liked — the price & restaurant
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Greeneleafe Inn? Share your experiences!