“If you want to sleep with roaches, sleep here!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manchester
Greeneleafe Inn
You added Greeneleafe Inn to your Saves list
201 Murfreesboro Hwy, Manchester, TN 37355   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Manchester
Quincy, Illinois
“If you want to sleep with roaches, sleep here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I went to Manchester for the Bonnaroo music festival. Unfortuanatly my car broke down as we were leaving at 12 am and had to stay in town for a couple more nights while it was getting fixed. The Greenleafe was the only hotel to have a room left. First off the lady quoted me $75 on the phone. When we got there she charged us $80, and we had to pay cash, so we had to walk to the bank next door to use their atm. I read a review online saying this place had nice little rooms so I figured it would be ok. NOT OK!!! This was honestly the WORST room i have ever stayed in my life, and I used to work out of town a lot and have traveled and stayed at many hotels. After fighting with the door, we finally got in. The place reeked like an ash tray. It had a kitchenette and appeared to be a room that someone probably lived in or rented by the week. One of the first things I saw when I got into the room was a roach crawling on the wall by the bathroom. There was a toilet plunger wrapped up in an old wal mart bag next to the toilet. The walls and carpet were absolutely discusting. Looked like it had not been painted since the place opened. The carpet was full of stains and burns. The corners and bathroom had black mold. The walls had dirt and holes and markers and crayon marks all over them. We kept our flip flops on when we showered, and only showered cause we had been camping for 3 days, otherwise I would not have! The towels and washrags were thin and had stains. The comforter was nasty, had stains and was super thin. I wouldn't be surprised if there were bedbugs as well! I layed down a layer of my dirty clothes on top of the bed and only used the sheet to sleep. As soon as we woke up we got the heck out of there and went to the very nice super 8 down the road, which was also cheaper. I don't know if there is some sort of health code for hotels, if there is, I don't know how this would pass. This honestly looked like a crack house off of a movie. The audacity of this woman charging us $80 for this room after we already had been broke down and stranded. I wouldn't pay $15 to stay in this mess. Even if the place has better rooms, I would NEVER EVER go back here.

Room Tip: There was roaches in here, which means there are roaches on the property. DONT STAY HERE!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chattanooga, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

My best friend lives in Smyrna and I'm in Chattanooga - we were looking for an inexpensive halfway point to meet for a girl's weekend away. The review here lead me to the main website, which looked impressive. I called to reserve as the website reported that there were no rooms available. The front desk person helped me (he indicated the website wasn't working properly) secure a room for $54+tax, which seemed to be a bargain.
We arrived early and were allowed to check in around 12:30, which was helpful. The Inn is located just off Manchester's town square, several miles from the interstate exit. This makes it quieter, if less convenient to restaurants, etc. The lobby, despite reeking of cigarette smoke, is nicely decorated in a contemporary style. Check-in was simple and quick.
The motel is obviously a retrofit and rebranding of a much older motel. There are 2 two-story outside corridor buildings, only one of which is in use. The outside is pretty run down; old and cracked concrete walkways, peeling paint, etc. The room itself (deluxe two queen, #113) was beautifully redone in a contemporary style - burgundy duvets, dark wood headboards, new carpet and tile, new vanity and tub surround, microwave and fridge. Once we turned the heat off (turned up to high and hottest setting!), we settled in. We pulled the curtains together - actually only the light-blocking liners, no fabric - and noticed that there was no mechanical door stopper above the main electronic lock. We didn't ask for a change of room, but it looked sloppy and gives you an extra layer of security. The lack of curtains really mattered when we went to bed. There was a VERY bright fluorescent light on the walkway outside our room. Good for security, bad for sleeping! There was enough light inside the room to read by. Curtains over the liner would not only look nice, it would allow a pleasant nights' sleep.
All of this seems like a bad review, but we realized we got $54 worth of a motel. Were it not for totally redone rooms, I would have changed motels. I just felt like I was shown the nice parts of the rooms on a swanky website, without any context that this motel is very much in the upgrading stage. Maybe in a few years, but in the meantime, I'll pay more for a better hotel overall.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Shelbyville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

After being on the road for hours the check in time was wonderful. Quick and in my room. Could not believe the room!!! It was amazing. Beautiful decor I ask to see other rooms out of curiousity...the one bed even has a canopy these rooms are out of sight! Service is the best !! Now, I was told they added the "Grill" the breakfast was included with the hotel room (cheap). Didn't expect that but it worked! I will definitely go back there and stay.

• Liked — the price & restaurant
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Greeneleafe Inn? Share your experiences!