“Stay away from here and the motel 6” 2 of 5 stars

You added Scottish Inns Manchester to your Saves list
Scottish Inns Manchester
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2457 Hillsboro Blvd., Manchester, TN 37355   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Manchester
“Stay away from here and the motel 6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

After leaving the motel 6 across the street due to TWO rooms we were given not being cleaned yet (beds not made, McDonald's on the table) we went across to the Scottish in. The lobby smells like smoke, but the lady was nice. We were given room 107. The floors we giving in the bathroom fan made an awful screeching noise u Tim we hit it a few times. We asked for a wake up call at 6 am and did not get one.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ste.Gen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Checked in & paid for room. Sign said you had 10 minutes to get a refund...that should have sent us running but...very late & very tired! Room smelled so bad we went right back for refund....she charged room a 2nd time instead of refunding...argued that she did not when in fact she had. She called another person in who had to wake up. This lady said she did charge twice but of course it was still my fault. It took forever because they had to call their charge machine place to walk them through the refund. Upon returning I tried to call Scottish Inn head offices because refund had still not gone through & was told all privately owned & they do not handle any refunds or complaints. This of course means I will not be staying in any other Scottish Inns as there is no recourse for bad service or errors in bill. I did finally get credit for both charges.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I would advise whoever is thinking of staying here to not to do it. It is nasty, filthy, disgusting,found a cockroach in the bathroom and they were not even going to refund my money at first, The women working the 2nd night was very rude to my daughter when she ask for a refund. They are way to much for the nasty rooms you get. It looked like it was ready to fall apart. We went to look at the pool and it was disgusting had green stuff on top of the water. Looked like swamp water. I ended up going to the Motel 6 across the street after my daughter found the cockroach. Just do not waist your money because you more and likely will not get it back. You have to ask for it back after 10 minutes of being there. Really seriously. Oh wait let me get the cockroaches to come out within that 10 minutes plz. Wtf. They can't speak that good of english and then they say us americans are dirty Omg whatever . DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY.

Room Tip: Here is a tip do not stay there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

After our reservation was not honored at the Quality Inn nearby, since it was 10pm we were directed to stay here for the night. Big mistake -- dirty outside the room, disrepair inside the room. I'd avoid this whole town for lodging if possible. Murphreesboro is 20 miles north of here, Chattanooga about an hour southeast.

Room Tip: I'd avoid this whole town for lodging if possible. Murphreesboro is 20 miles north of here, Cha...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Looks fine on outside but room is terrible. It's extremely dirty, walls floor drapes lamp shades bathtub all filthy. Mattress old and uncomfortable, pillows flat. I was lured in by cheap price ads. Billboards on interstate said $29.99 (starting at), i had coupon for $26.99. When i got there sign outside said $33.99, ok still not bad. My coupon was good for Sun-Thurs and I was there on a Saturday so he had to add $8 to bill. When I asked about $33.99 he said all those rooms were taken (of course). I ended up paying $43. Not worth $20. Good points-micro and fridge in room, staff polite and continental breakfast (coffee, juice, donuts and muffins) and free internet. That's it on good points! Oh yeah, it stinks. Granted it is a smoking room but still. It actually smelled better after I lit a cigarette!

Room Tip: doubt if there are good rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Martinsville,IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I never actually stayed in this hotel. I booked a reservation on April 13 for 2 nights, April 21 & 22. After my daughter read the atrocious reviews of this place, which included reports of bedbugs & roaches, filthy rooms and general disrepair, I decided to cancel my reservation. My daughter also had reservations, upon calling the Scottish Inn to cancel their reservation as well as mine she was told that our credit cards would both be charged for 1 night. The reason they stated was that check in time was 3:00 pm, it was approximately 5:20 pm when my daughter called to cancel. According to the hotel manager we were canceling less than 24 hours in advance, our credit cards would be charged for 1 night. We weren't going to be arriving until late evening of the 21st, we were told that made no difference, they go by check-in time. Talk about splitting hairs! My daughter was told we would have to go through expedia to cancel. After being put on hold with expedia, repeatedly, the gentleman at expedia said the manager at Scottish Inn was refusing to cancel my reservation for 2 nights at all. First I want to say expedia did make 3 separate calls to the manager at Scottish Inn to cancel my reservation, to argue the charge for 1 night to my credit card, and 3rd to try again to get them to waive the 1 night charge to my credit card after I told him I was going to dispute this charge with my credit card company. But lets not even talk about shoddy, sleezy business practices! I've never heard of anything so ridiculously sleezy in a long time!!!

Room Tip: Run Forest, run!! To anywhere but the Scottish Inn
Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
soleil2jours
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This was literally the last resort - and I certainly don't mean resort as in vacation and entertainment! We arrived around midnight after a toturous drive through the mountains and couldn't find anywhere with a vacancy. After several stops and phone calls we settled for this place. I am not horrified that I had my children in that room :( My expectations were pretty low - all I wanated was a horizontal surface with clean sheets. Wrong! I checked the sheets and didn't see any stains or hair (read other reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!), but when checking what passed as pillow cases, I found long (thankfully) hair on them. My husband had just gone down to the main office to get a heater and extra blankets since the "heater" only blew cold air, so I called and asked for CLEAN pillowcases. I got pillow cases with no hair, but not a wiff of soap or fabric softener on them... hmmmm... try not to think about it, try not to think about it. I can't say I slept at all b/c I kept waking up to make sure nothing was crawling around. You probably don't want to know about the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of the bathroom (think dried drips running down the outside of the bowl). The towels haven't ever seen bleach. I will say the plastic disposable drinking cups were in sanitary, intact wrappers - thank God for small favors, VERY small. I could go on about the stains on the carpet, the thin mattresses, the disgusting pillows that should have been thrown out a decade ago, but I have to let it go at some point. I will say the management is rude and will not care about your complaints. They do now allow a refund in the 1st 10 minutes, but I wouldn't have been there if I had any alternatives. I hope they like having a complaint filed with the Coffee County Health Dept. Keep driving !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car instead.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Scottish Inns Manchester? Share your experiences!