“Mouse Motel- not worth it at ANY price.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
Motel 6
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2430 Hillsboro Blvd., I-24 & Highway 41, exit 114, Manchester, TN 37355   |
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Manchester
“Mouse Motel- not worth it at ANY price.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My sons & I stayed over 1 night due to a local function. First problem- non-flushing toilet. Staff reminded us to "... Hold down the handle until it completely flushes..."- yeah, whatever.
Worst- sitting on the bed waiting my turn for the disgusting shower and 2 mice run across the floor!
Price is a factor, but I did not bargin for varmits in our room!
This is the third Motel 6 I have stayed at in 3 years- they ALL reminded me of a Rent by the Hour type of facility.
I will not be frequenting Motel 6 EVER again.
Bob Richie
Room 103- The "Varmit" Suite

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bourbonnais, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

this is the second Motel6 we stayed at in a week!!
one word YUCKO!!!!!
the room smelled like an after hours bar, the floor would have been better to sleep on IF they were ever CLEANED.
DON'T STAY HERE!!
this was my LAST Motel 6.
oh, and the office phones just happened to be disconnected!!! go figure!!

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE! there aren't any
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois City, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Based on this experience, I would never stay at another Motel 6. The room was dingy and reeked of pot- only ammenity was a bar of soap- bugs crawling in bathroom at night- went to bed too tired & didn't see existing blood on bottom sheet & small creature crawling- still trying to get clean- gas station next door with truck noises all night (at least it kept me awake to feel any bites)

Room Tip: PLEASE drive further- still itching
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I needed a place to sleep for a few hours while on out trip home from Florida. When we arrived to our first room we found the TV on, bed unmade, and McDonalds on the nightstand. Thinking either the room was still occupied by someone else we went back to the front desk and told the lady. She assigned us to another room and the same thing happened! We got a refund after that and went accross the street to the Scottish inn. So far so good over here.

• Stayed January 2013
Ionia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

When our stay at the Scottish Inn across the street was a nightmare and overly pricey for how nasty that place is filled with live Cock Roaches we decided to stay our last two night in Manchester here. I was actually pleased with this place considering what we moved over here from. The room was nice and clean. Yea the shower was a little messed up but hey at least it got me clean when I took a shower. The staff was very friendly and also refunded us the money for the last night we were gonna stay. I would recommended this place of the Scottish Inn any day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were forced into an extended stay in this place while waiting for the home we purchased to close. It seemed like the best of available options in our price range. During our time here we went back and forth with weird showers (would start warm and turn scalding hot very quickly, then STAY hot even after the hot water was turned off, actually resulted in one of the kids getting burned) and with very inconsistent wifi (the front desk clerk actually argued with us about the fact that although the signal was strong in the front office it for whatever reason disappeared completely by the time it got to our room). The beds are rock hard, cleanliness is iffy, and the first room we were given (room 115) had mold all over the mattresses. But the icing on the cake came tonight when we discovered someone had actually accessed our room while we were out, went through our stuff and stole the hard drive out of our kids' Xbox. Inquiries at the front desk were met with "well, did you lose your key?" and a reminder that if items are left in rooms the staff is not responsible for theft. Given that the Xbox was fully functional this morning it is obvious someone came into our room knowing we were soon to depart and stole from us, and, of course, the staff refuses to acknowledge it. If you're looking for an extended stay in Manchester, pass this dump by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clermont, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I think the room is under constrution some outlits are not covered,there is no fire alarm and the sink had grime in it. The workers were nice. The wifi is great just make sure u get the password from the office at check-in. The pool was closed at our time of vist. It was quite ever one stayed to them selfs. The parking was good it has room to park a trailer. The shell gas station has good food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!