“DISGUSTING!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Expressway Drive, Manchester, TN 37355 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester, TN)   |
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Manchester
illinois
“DISGUSTING!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped here on our drive home from Florida to get some sleep. This has to be the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. The room was disgusting. The floor in the bathroom looked like a dirty mop ran over it and the walls looked as if the dirty mop splashed up on the wall. There were holes in the walls next to all the outlets. There was mold on the ceiling. I didn't even really sleep. We arrived there around 9:00pm and we woke up at 2:30 in the morning and just got in the car and kept driving. There was no reason to stay since I couldn't sleep in such a dirty room. I wouldn't even take a shower there because the bathroom was so gross and dirty. There was no way I would put my bare feet on that floor. I have no idea where the "professional" photos came from, but the rooms certainly are nowhere near that clean. I didn't even want to walk on the floor with my socks.
My advice is to keep on driving and find somewhere else to stay. You would never get a good night's sleep here because you won't even want to get under the covers in the bed. I would NEVER stay here again. My kids even said to me that they would rather sleep in the car.
They have free nreakfast but based on what I saw in my hotel room, I could only imagine how their food is kept. The thought of eating the free breakfast at that dirty dirty place just made me sick to my stomach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Chrishan,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brownsburg, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on our way back from FL after Spring Break. We were limited on where we could stay because we had our small dog with us. The first place we stopped at didn't have any vacancies, so we drove over to the Country Inn. They only had a handful of rooms left & the only room that had 2 beds was a smoking room, but we had to have it because there were 4 of us. The front desk lady gave us room freshner to spray, which was nice of her. It actually didn't smell that bad of cigarettes though. The room was clean & we were at the end of the hall on the first floor by the outside door, which made it easy to take our dog out.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Taylors, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My Wife was visiting family for a funeral in Mahchester earlier this month. I chose a cheaper rate and hotel online when I made her reservation for the weekend. She call upon arrival late at night to say she would sleep in her car before staying at the facility I chose. I was very frustrated since we rarely travel apart. Fortunately, I did remember us staying at this Country Inn & Suites on a previous trip and called them to see if they could possibly help. Their staff was extreemly helpful and considerate of her traveling alone. They gladly made special arrangements to accommodate her needs and ease a stressful situation. Her room was clean, spacious and had very comfortable queen beds. I appreciated their kindness to my wife and will always repay them with our business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here on the way to Florida. The first suite we were assigned had multiple stains on both the carpeting and the bedspreads. The couch had a broken front panel below an arm rest. If that wasn't all, the kicker (literally) was a visible human footprint on the living room wall.

The second suite we were assigned after a requested change had more mold between the peeled wallpaper in the bathroom than a research lab.

This location falls below the standard set by Carlson Hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
First let us state how much we appreciate you bringing these types of situations to our attention. It is because of guests such as yourself that will help us make the necessary improvements to our establishment so this will not continue to happen. Also we are sincerely sorry for your experience with us. We know the expectations guests have while coming to our property and we did not succeed in giving you the expected experience. We will share this information with our management team so we can make the improvements needed and we hope that if you are ever in our area again to please stop by and give us an opportunity to show you how seriously we take these comments.
Minocqua, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We decided to stay at this Country Inn & Suites hotel recently on our way back to Wisconsin. The bed (king) was fine but all the king-rooms are on the front side of the hotel which is right next to the HIGHWAY. The front desk had a sign that stated this but we didn't think it would be that bad. Boy were we wrong. I think the room could have been sound-insulated better but it appears to be an older hotel retro-fitted as a CI&S. The bathroom had mold starting in the shower ceiling area....UGH!!!!!
On the plus side...the staff was very nice and they have a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't stay where the hotel is RIGHT NEXT to a highway!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a planned visit for two days over Christmas. I was very happy with the hotel. It was clean and had very comfortable beds. They served a free hot breakfast which was also very good. The service from everyone was fantastic! I can highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room, you can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The room was $60 and at first glance, seemed like a great value. The room was quite large and unlike most rooms in this class of hotel, had two queen beds instead of doubles. The deficiencies made themselves clear after we had settled in, however. The large in-room refrigerator creaked and banged. There was black mold in the bathroom -- over the shower area and over the door. The breakfast was fine and the staff were helpful, but serious housekeeping needs to be done since black mold generally does not appear overnight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Charles,

Ron Click
Hotel/Marketing Mana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
Super 8 _ Manchester
Super 8 _ Manchester
#8 of 19 in Manchester
3.0 of 5 stars 55 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN? Share your experiences!