“Never,ever again” 1 of 5 stars

Book a Business Package
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Manchester
“Never,ever again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Traveling with pet,Club Carlson member,requested 2nd floor, arrived told 4rooms for pets all ground level.first room had shower cap hanging down,rust showing,bed box squeaked,carpets dirty,2nd"pet room" bed had appeared used,carpets dirty.Was told owner does not like pets and rooms not up to par.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Breakfast was terrible! There was mold in the bathroom. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and hard. The fridge was unplugged, we did not notice this until the next morning. Not one employee smiled or said anything to us. The whole experience overall was terrible.

• Stayed November 2012
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Ma'am

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your problems with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Sincerly

Ron Click
Manager
Bolingbrook, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Manchester, Tennessee on Friday, November 16, 2012. We have stayed at hotels in this particular chain in other parts of the country, and they are usually pretty nice. There were several chain hotels at this interstate exit, but we picked Country Inn & Suites due to our past experiences with this chain.

This particular Country Inn & Suites was not nearly as nice as the others we have stayed at. We were informed upon checking in that all King Bed rooms are situated on the interstate side of the building, which is right next to the hotel. We heard noise all night from that road, but it wasn't too bad (or were we too tired to be bothered by it?)

I was surprised at how shabby the hotel was. There was not even a framed art piece in our room. The one mirror was behind the TV, which was kind of stupid. When I went to take a bath later that night, I realized they didn't do a very good job cleaning, because there were a couple hairs in the tub. It was gross. We didn't have a little fridge or microwave, which we've had at Country Inn & Suites in other states.

They did have a little breakfast downstairs, which was okay. The biscuits and gravy were good, but there was really nothing else, and the fruit was old. It seemed like they don't get very many guests.

I should note: we were surprised at how high the sales tax was in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel felt like a one star. Beds were like rocks. No elevator to get to second floor. Night staff was very unfriendly. You would do better staying at a lower priced hotel and probably get a better room.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This little gem is just off the expressway. 536 miles from Chicago and 740 miles from naples Florida . Same chain 10 miles away alot more expensive. Freshest pet friendly hotel arOund. The staff always goes out of their way to please and are sincerely delightful people. Whirlpool rooms too. Outdoor pool, hot tub,workout room!!The only breakfast that compares was at a bed-breakfast hotel . You can make waffles and it's a REAL breakfast with all the trimmings. You would stay just for the price... But what you get is truly like the decadent 80's! Lol

• Stayed September 2012
Canton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family and I were headed from Dallas, TX to Gatlinburg, TN. It was getting late in the evening and we were in need of a room to rest for the night before heading out for Gatlinburg. We found Country Inn and Suites on hotels.com website and got a pretty good deal. The reviews on hotels.com were good, it even was listed as "excellent". We couldn't pass it up! When we arrived, the checkin was very easy and super fast. As I approached the desk and told the front desk person that I was checking in, she asked me for my last name. She immediately handed me my room key and gave instructions on how to locate my room and which entrance would be better for me to use for the quickest access. We were on the second floor, which you must use stairs to access (no elevators). The hallway was very warm, as if there was not A/C. This made me wonder how the temperature in the room would be. When we arrived in the room, we received just what we asked for. And the A/C worked!! Our two queen beds were covered in beautiful linens, not that polyester cheap bed spread crap that you usually find in most hotels/motels. The beds were sqeaky though, but with three kids, they drowned out the squeaks. The bathrooms were seperate from the room, which I like. The room and bath room were clean. The room was also equipped with a microwave and minifridge. As soon as my husband and I got the kids (3 of them) in the room, they were very eager to go check out the pool. THIS IS MY ONLY COMPLAINT: The pool was closed for maintenance. Now, I know that things happen and during the summer months it is probably hard to get fast service for pool maintenance, but for my kids, this was unacceptable. However, with the free wifi, the kids spent the rest of the evening playing on their ipods and on our laptop. The next morning we were treated to a wonderful hot breakfast, which included scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffle iron, fresh fruit, cold cereals, milk, juice, and coffee. This was just what we needed to get back on the road headed to Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, facing away from the freeway and was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

this was a very nice hotel compared to the Inn's next door. location was great. price of hotel was great compared to the same hotel that would have been in nashville. friendly staff. was upset we were there the weekend of memorial day and the pool wasnt open yet even with warm weather. otherwise, it was comfortable. you could tell they had updated the rooms too. this is pet friendly which was a plus for us traveling with our dog.

Room Tip: no room service or resturant. complimentary breakfast was nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Manchester? Share your experiences!