“Good Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Manchester
madisonville,ky
“Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very good motel, great service and great breakfast. The only negative I have is the common areas: stairwells, corridors and elevators were dirty! Just a little more attention with the vacuum cleaner would cure this. Room and bath very clean. Hotel is very quiet. All the doors have soft close mechanisms. I will stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kayk_Tn, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Manchester, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to personally thank you for your very warm comments about our hotel. We always strive to impress our guests with excellence, friendly staff members, and a pleasant stay. I do hope that we see you and are able to extend the same great stay experience the next time you are visiting Manchester,TN.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We arrived late so didn't notice that my husband slept on a pee stain on the pull out sofa bed. pretty gross! Also the floor had many disgusting stains some even sticky. Breakfast was ok and the staff was wonderful but it can't make up for the urine. I told the person working and she took $30 off our room but after leaving I don't think it was enough. I emailed choice hotels but they never got back to me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kayk_Tn, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Manchester, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

As a staff we do not like to hear of our guest being unhappy. We are very displeased that your stay was not an enjoyable one. This will not happen again. And we hope you would consider giving our hotel another chance.

Staff of Comfort Suites Manchester, TN
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I reserved a group room block at this hotel for an event I'm hosting. Up front, they were very responsive & got me setup with a block, but when it came time to book all the rooms, they completely stopped answering/returning my emails and calls -- 4 emails, 3 calls AND an email to corporate. Luckily, another hotel stepped in to save us, but this one proved that they are completely unreliable! I still NEVER heard a word from them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Merrill,WI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Florida from Wisconsin. We had reserved two rooms based on reviews on Trip Advisor. What we found was spot on this is a real nice hotel. It is far enough off the interstate to be quiet is very clean and the staff is great. Check in and out was fast. The Breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and the beds were nice. The only thing I found that I could say was not right is the in room refrigerator was not on when we came in the room. We had hoped to use it for items we had in our cooler. It did work well once I turned it on and did what we needed it to do I just think it should have been on when we got there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Decatur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here once and liked it so well we stayed again on our way home. A very nice Comfort Suites and in a quiet location. Would recommend for road trips. We get a discount at Choice Hotels and this one was a bargain.

• Stayed May 2013
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Let's say you are traveling from Chicago to Florida. This is a good stopping point for your trip.

My family of 7 knocked off for the night here on our recent journey. From our home in the SE Chicagoland area, it was a good 8-9 hours drive. But once we arrived, the checkin was very fast. We actually reserved two rooms just because we didn't want to hear the kids fighting over who had to sleep on the pullout couch, etc. Beds were comfy and we were refreshed to resume our trip to Florida.

Everything was clean and the free breakfast was adequate - eggs, sausage, cereals, muffins, make your own waffles, etc. The free breakfast alone probably saves me $20 from having to stop at McDs or wherever.

It was super convenient right off of the expressway (I-24). I paid $76 for the night + tax, so the total was like $86 (times two for the two rooms I got, which were adjoining).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to FL. I chose this hotel based on other TA reviews. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. The front desk clerk was not overly friendly. Our room smelled - of what I can't put my finger on - but not good. I found hair in the bed, no exhaust fan in the bathroom which makes it warm with 3 people showing and getting ready. Bed was comfortable and can't beat the location. I've stayed at nicer places for less, but this wasn't horrible.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Sleep Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
Ambassador Inn & Luxury Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East

Been to Comfort Suites Manchester? Share your experiences!