“Good night's stay on the way to Florida” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 _ Manchester

You added Super 8 _ Manchester to your Saves list
Super 8 _ Manchester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Paradise Street, I-24 Exit #110, Manchester, TN 37355 (Formerly Hampton Inn Manchester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Manchester
Illinois
“Good night's stay on the way to Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I did a lot of review searching before my trip to Florida via I-24/I-75. Chose the Hampton Inn and wasn't disappointed. This may be an older hotel, but it was worth the $120 we paid. First, I needed a dog-friendly hotel (traveled with my daughter and 2 well behaved family dogs) and second, wanted someplace that supplied breakfast. This Hampton fulfilled both needs. Greeted warmly upon arrival and given a 1st floor non-smoking room. Yes, the tile work in the bath was awful, but the place was clean and quiet. Breakfast was not stellar but more than adequate. Lots of choices and good food. Staff was very friendly and always had smiles and kind words.

Would I stay again? Probably, and definitely would recommend this place to anyone traveling with pets. This is an older hotel that probably wasn't originally a Hampton. It's nothing like any other Hampton I've been to but it was still a good place to spend the night.

• Liked — Convenient and pet friendly
  • Disliked — terrible tile work in bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

This is a pretty good place to stay, especially if you are going back and forth between Florida and the great white north. It has VERY convenient access to the highway. It is very clean and had a great breakfast and the comfortable Hampton bedding. The only thing was that the property is showing it's age and we had a lot of noise from outside, felt like we had a window cracked open.

• Liked — Convenience to highway
  • Disliked — Noise in room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Columbia, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

This place looks kind of like a converted motel from some other chain like Econo-Lodge. The room opened to the outside, which I suppose is not that big of a deal except it was cold and the steps to the second floor were slippery from the ice. It would have taken management like 10 minutes to salt all the steps. No excuse. The room was clean and comfortable. Road noise from the interstate wasn't too bad even though my door faced it. Breakfast was standard continental fare. Management was friendly and very apologetic for the internet that was down. (It was caused by Comcast, they said. I believe them. It is Comcast after all.)

• Liked — Close to my meeting site.
  • Disliked — Slippery steps trying to get to my room.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Myers, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

I am a Hilton Honors Silver VIP Member and stay at Hampton Inns all the time. I had a horrible experience with this particular motel. They refused to honor their advertised military rate even after I presented my military identification. I paid a Triple AAA rate which was $25/night higher than their advertised military rate. I filed a complaint through the Hampton Inn website and they were no help at all. I requested that the motel honor the Hampton Inn guarantee that states if you are not happy - you don’t pay. The general manager refused to comply. If you are a patriotic American avoid all Hilton properties. I mailed my Silver VIP card back to Hilton and have terminated my Hilton Honors account because the company discriminates against the military.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The company discriminates against the military.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

I stayed one night in the Hampton Inn in Manchester. It's been awhile since I stayed in a hotel with doors that opened to the outside, but there were no problems with this and no outside noise could be heard in the room.

The rooms were well taken care of and the staff is very nice.

I would recommend this Hampton.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

My colleague and I had to spend an evening at the Hampton Manchester due to overbooking at all hotels near the local conference center. Quite simply, the hotel (although "motel" more accurately describes it) is not up to the standards of other Hamptons I have visited. From the dirty kleenex I found tucked between the sheet and mattress pad to the staff who insisted to us that she had to run the vacuum cleaner at the very moment when my colleague and I were briefly working in the lobby on a project (trust me, nothing too pressing is going on in Manchester, TN), neither the hotel nor its staff were shining examples of the hospitality industry.

• Liked — Free internet
  • Disliked — Unfriendly staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

We stayed here one night in September. The bathroom light was out in the first room we were given. Also, the towel rack by the sink was loose on one end. Although we did not ask for it, the hotel receptionist was nice enough to give us an automatic upgrade because there was no one on duty at the time to switch out the light. Someone had dropped something in the sink of the second bathroom because it was cracked at the bottom and the cracks were black. Also, my husband couldn't get the remote control to work at first; and when he turned it over, he saw that the back was missing and someone had taped the batteries in place. We are not fussy people when it comes to accommodations, but this is one Hampton Inn that we will bypass on our next trip through Tennessee. Everything else about the hotel was OK. The room was quiet and the breakfast was fine.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Super 8 _ Manchester? Share your experiences!